Three Albums

Timberwolf

OK, If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 albums would you bring with you and why?  Now, before you get carried away with yourself, these cannot be compilations made by you or your friend or a friend of a friend.  If you choose a compilation, it must be a compilation that can be bought publicly, either in a store or online, and I don't mean like buying 2+ albums and saying that it's a compilation, because, really, it isn't.

Maybe your answers will inspire others to listen to different types of music regardless if it's in your favorite genre or not.

Oh, :roffles:, I'm saving my 3 albums until others have posted.  xD 

• Haha 2

Red Hot Chilli Pepper - Blood Sugar Sex Magik

Nirvana - Nevermind

Metallica - Black Album

Did you know... not only were all 3 albums released in the same year, 1991, but they were released almost within a month of each other; The Black Album (actually titled Metallica) was Aug 12th. Blood Sugar Sex Magik and Nevermind were BOTH released on the same day Sept 24. 

It is like I woke up and gave a fuck about music for about 50 days and then went back to sleep. xD

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

@ Hiro..NO the best Metallica is Kill em all or Ride the LIghting..but hey I am a HARDCORE Metallica girl. :) used to pass them cassettes out to people. 

NO way I can pick just three. I enjoy so many different genres of music.  From classical to Metal to New wave to blues/jazz.. 

• Haha 1

Nirvana Nevermind

Metallica Black Album 

Godsmack First album 

forgot the reason. Nirvana because it changed the music world and it turned it upside down. So many great songs that can be heard over and over again even after 26 years

Metallica Black don’t even have to give a reason for this one

Godsmack because this was the first album when I was finally an adult on my own in the military and I listened to beggining to end over and over. ( this and Metallica Black)

Edited by Moonhawk
  • Love 1

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 2:17 PM, Timberwolf said:

OK, If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 albums would you bring with you and why?  Now, before you get carried away with yourself, these cannot be compilations made by you or your friend or a friend of a friend.  If you choose a compilation, it must be a compilation that can be bought publicly, either in a store or online, and I don't mean like buying 2+ albums and saying that it's a compilation, because, really, it isn't.

Maybe your answers will inspire others to listen to different types of music regardless if it's in your favorite genre or not.

Oh, :roffles:, I'm saving my 3 albums until others have posted.  xD 

1. Billy ocean - Best of greatest hits

2. Fourplay - between the sheets

3. The best of Chuck berry

• Love 1

GusGus - Arabian Horse

The Black Keys - Brothers

Norah Jones - Come Away With Me

With honourary mention going out to KISS's Destroyer.

Thanks for the "why those albums?" reminder, @Moonhawk!

Honestly? Because I just can't get sick of these albums. I thoroughly enjoy them, I write best to The Black Keys (and Ten Cent Pistol makes my life a better place), I relax best to Norah Jones, and GusGus makes my heart happy (and Arabian Horse is arguably my favourite song and, like TCP, it makes my life a better place). ^_^ 

Edited by fox
Because my reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired, apparently.
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know if these qualify as albums. But, I'll try.

The Kapena Collection by Kapena. It's what my parents listened to when cleaning and as a way to keep in touch with the island culture.

Evanescence -Fallen - These songs come closer are used during my dark times in life. Especially the song Bring Me To Life. Where I would think about letting go of my Will to alive but a part of me would always fight to keep it.

Within Temptation-The Silent Force-

A mix of songs that related to my low times and joyful times in life. But, mostly listened to when I was thinking about my past lives.

• Love 1

Temple of Low Men by Crowded House. It has some awesome music and I could spend the time trying to figure out what was going on in Neil Finn's head when he wrote it!

This Strange Engine by Marillion. Rothery's guitar, Hogarth's vocals and, well...Memory of Water.

David Bowie Collection. It's Bowie. It's a double CD. It's got Rock and Roll Suicide and Life On Mars on it. What's not to like?

• Love 1

On 9/28/2017 at 4:51 AM, Spyder said:

The Mars Volta - Deloused In The Comatorium

The Essential Stevie Ray Vaughan

White Lung - Deep Fantasy

Deloused because it is probably my favorite album front to back, partly for musical reasons and partly for nostalgia. I didn't know music could sound like this. I had always been able to tell where a song was going and how it would progress because everything I consumed to that point was mainstream and all in the same vein of chord progression and verse/chorus or verse/chorus hybrid. It made me listen to music differently, and for that reason it will always have a special place in my heart. 

Essential Stevie Ray Vaughan because... Stevie Ray Vaughan. One of the great guitar players ever.

Deep Fantasy because I didn't know that I could enjoy a punk album until I heard this album. I had always been relatively indifferent to punk (and had categorically disliked pop punk) until I happened upon a White Lung music video and had my ears blown off. 

• Love 1

OK, so I'm going to finally try to give this a go.  LOL.

• Motley Crue - Red, White and Crue - I just loved Motley Crue.  I've loved every album they made, even the 2 with out Vince Neil and the ones without Tommy Lee.  I could listen to them all the time.
  • Metallica - Live Shit: Binge and Purge - I used to like Metallica as a kid (not as much as I loved Motley Crue) and for some reason, I kind of stopped listening to them, but then Tracy re-inspired my love for them, well, all except LuLu, that was just rubbish.
  • Kiss My Ass: Classic Kiss Regrooved - This is a really cool album.  I love how they asked other artists to play KISS songs their way, not the KISS way and recorded it.  I think it turned out well, and I just love it.