game of thrones

Mirbiggs

*warning...  There may be spoilers.  If you haven't watched it all or read the books don't get butt hurt about reading what happens here.  Seriously though, what type of fantasy nerd can possibly live in today's world with such amazing internet and access to pirated episodes of the greatest fantasy series,  and still not have seen this show.  But I digress...

Just wondering what you all think.  Who are your favorite characters, moments, plot twists in the show. 

• Love 1

Favorite characters tough question

Tyrion 

Tormund

Brienne

Many others but Tyrion is on top of my list. Best show in tv by far. Still have not read the books yet I own them. I’m completely up to date with the show. Going to start rewatching it soon once I’m all caught up with my other shows

• Love 1

My favorite character, by far, is Arya, but I fear her best moments in the show are behind her. Her arc through the riverlands was one of few ways the series actually improved upon the books, but not so much lately.

Overall, even with the hiccup with the Dorne plot in Season 5, the show was in the running for my all-time favorite TV show until this past season. The writing became so disappointing. This season actually got me looking forward to The Winds of Winter again, to see how much better Martin handles it. I just hope he doesn't croak before getting the last book out.

• Love 1

7 hours ago, Mirbiggs said:

I totally agree.  if another one of my favorite authors die before finishing his story I'll blow a fuse.  The end of wheel of time just wasn't what I had hoped.  If Martin can't finish his books I hope it stays unfinished because otherwise it'll be a disappointment 

I was okay with how Wheel of Time ended, but I wasn't a huge fan of the series or anything. Just thought it was not bad. The writing style felt pretty close. The ending for Dune, on the other hand, my god. That was so awful.

I'm pretty sure Song of Ice and Fire is already fucked, though. Martin clearly hates the process now and sees the mainline series as an albatross, and there's no way that doesn't affect the quality. Maybe I'm wrong and Winds of Winter will be amazing, but unless he gets into it again there's he won't finish the last book before he dies. I figure I'll probably be satisfied if it's only the show that finishes the story--even if the writing is just as bad next season, I still love pretty much all of the casting. I guess no promises if another author finished it I wouldn't at least try it (or two books, for they will surely milk it).

Edited by Phoenix
  • Love 2