Timberwolf

A rather ragged and rough around the edges looking owl flutters through the trees.  He has seen some better days.  A dead owl has seen better days.  He lands gingerly on his one good Leg and hoots in a throaty growl.  The twilight of the day rises behind him as the brilliant sun sinks below the mountain tops.  The owl. Is beyond ugly.

Good morning everyone! 

• Love 1

There is nothing that Yumi can see as she runs. Family, friends the new forest she called home away from her tree walker clan is gone. 

Then in the flash of creation itself Yumi finds herself running through the trees once more. She leaps blindly and stumbles onto the next tree nearest a clearing there she freezes when she spots a great sized owl.  She looks down and sees a wolf whose looks familiar.  She stays still unsure if it he who gave her acorn during the trails where she once was a thing called a human.

Yumi's fur bristles as her squirrel form chitters at the memory of feeling so odd, so scared.

"Are you Yumi's friend wolfy?" Her little heart beats all the faster with the fear of being once more among normal creatures instead of the special ones who are her friends.

• Love 1

Hirondelle who had just spent hours smoothing her beautiful crow feathers until they were a uniform glossy black (with just the merest hint of purple when you observed them from a certain perfect angle)  startled at the sudden clumsy arrival of an owl on a nearby branch. 

My word that is a ugly owl. 

With a sigh she ruffles and dishevels her own plumage so he doesn't feel as self-conscious and hops down to greet him.

Good morning Sir Owl

From this vantage point she notes that two other creatures have arrived, familiar friends to the woods both. 

• Love 2

No? *he looks down his crooked beak at the lady. This eye takes on a piercing quality.  As if he were starting into her soul. * you have a very other worldly quality to you don't you. *the moment of clarity passes. He totters off aimlessly as he hums to himself.  A lilting almost flirtatious tune. 

Edited by Mirbiggs
  • Haha 1

On 9/30/2017 at 7:39 AM, Kethlia said:

"Are you Yumi's friend wolfy?" Her little heart beats all the faster with the fear of being once more among normal creatures instead of the special ones who are her friends.

Looks up at the squirrel.

If you would be Yumi, then yes, I would be your wolfy friend.  Feel safe here.  They may look like and be predators, but they will not harm you.  That I can promise you.

Yumi jumps from within a perfectly formed whorl and hits her head when a voice speaks.  Hearing who it is she quickly rubs away the pain and goes out onto the branch to view her friend. 

Then squrries down and tackles him as only a tree walker can try to do. Timber!

Edited by Kethlia
  • Love 1

Yumi grins toothily before catching her breath.  She then looks up at the birds and gazed at them in a new light.  Hello Friends! Yumi squeaks loudly still panting a little from her dash. But, her tail dips and weaves in happiness while she moves to sit on the ground next to Timber.

• Love 1

Stand up, stretching first back, and then forward.  He strolls down off the mound, looking around his home and eyeing those that have come.

It's such a lovely day.  I think I"m going for a swim.  Anybody care to join me?

With that, he bounds off to the lake and jumps in, slowly swimming out from the shore.