Timberwolf

Yumi blinks and finds herself in water, river water.  Very fast fast flowing river water for a tree walker! Squeaking in alarm she remembers the fish ride she got the last time she went near water and immediately scrambles for shore as fast as her little legs can take her.  

Once on shore Yumi falls in a soggy skinnier heap on the bank. Yumi needs to stay away from high waters,   Phewww! She wiggles her wet snout a bit in agreement with herself.

• Haha 1

Yumi chitters for a little bit before she breaks into a toothy grin.  If my friends are there then it's safe, by myself the fish seem to like me too much.  

A chill runs up her spine and she looks around. Seeing a battle worn owl Yumi's first instinct is to dive for shelter.  But, knowing of the place she is in Yumi looks closely at the owl.  She confirms he is indeed eyeing in a way that makes her fur bristle.  Yumi keeps her eye on the owl as she edges to the tree with her whorl.

• Like 1

Yumi feels the roots of the tree beneath her hind feet.  Then something touches her back making her jump jump out of her skin and bark in alarm.

She spins after feeling her tail being batted and looks up at a figure in the tree.  It's dark form blending into the shadows of the tree canopy.  She recognizes the paw's form and sees a very toothy grin in this new predator's face. Still shaking from nerves she manages a small voice. L, Li, Lighty!?

• Haha 1

Yumi feels a wave of relief when she hears Lighty and acknowledges his words.  She had returned to magical The Woods that first took her from her home so long ago.  Yumi nips herself and think on her flavor.  I think I taste to sinewy and a touch too nutty to be a good mouthful, Lighty.  She smiles and does a gesture toward Timberwolf.  Timber has a better rump than me after all my running to get back to her from that weird darkness.

Yumi finds a stash of acorns and wonders about what happened to the inhabitant of this whorl.

She finished cleaning house and takes an load of acorns out with her.  Carefully she lays them out and inspects them.  Most have gone rotten and the others are to dense to ever grow into an oak tree.  

Yumi hefts one and accidentally sends it Timberwolf's way. The next acorn she just chucks at Lighty.  The rest she tries to get close to the owl and crow and tosses them when at a decent distance before bolting deeper into the woods.

• Haha 1

Yumi comes running back out of the forest depths.  Breathless and tail bristled. Yumi doesn't want to lose everyone again. Yumi picks up the batted acorn and pops her own head for good measure.  Then she puts on her leaf hat and twig musket.  Want to adventure again?

• Haha 1