Love Stories

Tika

So I know we have some wonderful couples here.  I would love to hear your stories if you're willing to share.  I guess I need some reminders that sometimes love actually works and it's worth all the bullshit you have to go through.  

• Love 2

Our love story

Back in 2002 I had to move to PR, but that’s a story for some other time; before Facebook there was this wonderful site called Face-pic.com. To which you would put your picture and get rated by others and you could do the same. Well on day in the fall of 2004 I received a random message from my beautiful better half. Stating she wanted to know more about me and so on and so forth. (Found out years later her friend sent the first message because I looked like what Jessica was always looking for) anyways we exchanged phone numbers but I was too chicken shit to make the first call. I had just gotten divorced 2 years earlier from a toxic marriage and had just finished a long distance relationship with my high school crush which contacted me after the divorce. Anyways one night I received a call from her and we set a date to go out to dinner. Found out also years later she called me because she had just watched The Ring 2 and was scared driving home at night by herself. Anyways we set a date to go to eat to chili’s. I was a nervous wreck but when I saw her walk up to me she looked so stunning I was in shock. I scrambled some words which I can’t remember right now and we went to eat at Chillis. We then had a very long conversation at the restaurant I almost didn’t eat because I couldn’t stop staring at her. We ate, and we went to a movie. We watched Bridget Jones Diary 2. It sucked. I did the stupid thing of trying to put my arm around her. That last shortly. Anyways we ended the first date with just a kiss in the check and me walking her to her car. Second date My grandma went very ill and was in the hospital. I called her to cancel she did the most amazing thing and came to see me at the hospital and we had subway. She brought the aforementioned friend with her. We are I met the friend and we had a good evening. When she was leaving I opened the door for her and also her friend. When she was about to drive off and say good by I leaned in to give her a kiss on the cheek but I said fuck it go for it and gave her a soft kiss on her lips. She kissed me back soft pop kiss. Her friend squeaked and they left. I few dates later I cooked for her my specialty, lasagna, and I introduced her to my best friend and his wife. We had a great night she stayed over and that was it. What finally sealed the deal on our second month we came to Miami on vacation, my grandma was still in the hospital but I needed a break. So we left came here and after a few days my uncle was calling me asking me to go back to which I Declined many times. Well it all ended bad he kicked me out of my apartment that I had with my grandma(I took care of her she took care of me type of deal and he paid for everything). Well I had to scramble to figure my next step no home no job no school(college, he provided for everything) so my dad and my stepmom helped me find a job and told me to move in with them in Miami. I told her of this and I told her that due to the short time of our relationship I would understand if she wanted to stay in Puerto Rico when I moved to Miami. She looked me straight in the eye and said “I just found you and will not loose you”. She did the most incredible thing she left her job, family, car, everything in PR and moved here with me. That was it for me. On Nov 12, 2005 we got married. On July 5th, 2006 we had our princess Alyson, and on July 26th, 2010 we had our miracle baby Nicholas. We have been together for 13 years and we couldn’t be happier. We have gone through hell and back and she has always stuck by my side. We area two halves that make a whole. You might find it funny but we read each other’s thoughts constantly, we think exactly alike sometimes, she has and always will be my happily ever after. 

31115A89-F264-4351-8440-81146D726BF5.jpeg

Edited by Moonhawk
  • Like 1
  • Love 9

Lovely story @Moonhawk

While Wolf and I have a love story we are very proud of, it involves the dissolution of two marriages one of which included children.  Therefore I don't like to narrate it in this way,,. because to do so involved glossing of some agonising things all for the sake of the 'and they all lived happily ever after' conclusion.  Of course the marriages were likely to end anyway... and I do believe we were meant to be together..  But yeah, most people here know our story - and like many real life love stories, it's not always a fairy tale.  Ok so there is a wolf in this story, so it is pretty fairy taley... but you know what I mean.  We broke some eggs while making our omelette.  Mix those metaphors ffs. :D  

You will get there @Tika just keep writing your story.  Even though some chapters may be written in blood and tears.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

@Moonhawk has it really been that long?  I remember talking to you before you met your beautiful wife and I've always been so happy for you and the love you've found.

@hirondelle I felt the same when you and your wolf found eachother.

I'm just tired of being in the blood and tears part.  My situation is similar with the marriages ending, mine ended 8 years ago for reasons that had nothing to do with my current relationship although the relationship was already there.  And we tried for a long time to make it work as a threesome, that eventually failed but my relationship with him is still there.  The eggs are still breaking on his side and his ocd need to have everything perfectly in place is breaking me in the process but he's that one person that my soul just recognises, that feeling when you're together that you can't describe and I'm not willing to give up yet even when it's tearing me apart.  I can see my happily ever after I just don't know if I can get there.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Tika said:

The eggs are still breaking on his side and his ocd need to have everything perfectly in place is breaking me in the process but he's that one person that my soul just recognises, that feeling when you're together that you can't describe and I'm not willing to give up yet even when it's tearing me apart.  I can see my happily ever after I just don't know if I can get there.

Just hang in there @Tika from a distance if need be (so you don't get any egg on ya so to speak) but if this is who you want be true to you.

• Love 4

No pressure then.

The thing is, our story is REALLY long; even the Reader's Digest Condensed Version is long.  And, part of the living out of this story is that I don't have as much time (energy or brain functionality) as I used to to sit in front of a screen and type.  But, in a nutshell, in 2003, Jamie was sent an unsolicited book from his book club. He hadn't asked for the book and assumed it was a one off; he had no idea it was part of a much bigger series. He also had no idea what he was in for by choosing to keep the book and read it.  The book was 'Pillars of Creation', most likely the worst and most annoying of Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth Series.

At about the same time, on the other side of the world, my best friend at the time shoved a book called Wizard's First Rule (the first book in the afore mentioned series) in my face and commanded me to read it. I did, and I was hooked.

It needs to be said, I had little life outside of reading.

Jamie read the book, and when he reached the end of it, realised there had to be more to this story, so he started to search out the rest of the books. At the beginning of July of that year, he found the official website for the series, Prophets Inc, and he joined up.

A couple of weeks later I also joined Prophets Inc.  By this time I had devoured all the books in the series that had been written to that point. I got on to the website, initially, just to find out when the next book would be out.  I didn't know much about forums and posting on them. But, like the moth to the flame, yada yada yada, I dived in to the madness all the same.

--------------

I'mma going to stop here for now. I'm going to have to do this in parts. As I say, I'm no longer in a place where I can sit for hours in front of screen.  So...to be continued.

• Love 4