Top 10 TV Shows

Tika

So when I was reading the top 10 movies I started wondering what are people's top 10 TV shows?

I'll start with mine 

Farscape

Firefly 

Dr Who

Supernatural 

Game of Thrones

La Femme Nikita

Outlander

Westworld 

Fawlty Towers

Stargate

• Like 4

I actually haven't seen a lot of TV, especially lately.

1. Breaking Bad

2. Law and Order

3. Cowboy Bebop

4. Seinfeld

5. Battlestar Galactica (2003)

6. Mad Men

7. The Wire

8. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

9. Stargate SG-1

10. Fawlty Towers

Only listed complete series. I've mentioned Westworld elsewhere, which had an excellent first season, as did True Detective. I didn't even make it to the third episode of the second season of True Detective, though. Yeech.

• Like 1

I loved it, but I can't recommend Seinfeld to anyone who hasn't seen it at this point. I suppose one could still appreciate how well written it is, but the existence of Facebook alone breaks half the jokes. It's one of those in-the-moment things. It really was a cultural phenomenon in the US back in the 90s.

8 hours ago, fox said:

The Office

Which one @fox?

9 hours ago, Phoenix said:

I loved it, but I can't recommend Seinfeld to anyone who hasn't seen it at this point. I suppose one could still appreciate how well written it is, but the existence of Facebook alone breaks half the jokes. It's one of those in-the-moment things. It really was a cultural phenomenon in the US back in the 90s.

I remember when this was running. It really was a show that split public opinion. I know people that just loved it, and I knew people that just didn’t care for it. I watched a lot of episodes, but I personally found it a bit monotonous. 

1 hour ago, Timberwolf said:

Which one @fox?

I remember when this was running. It really was a show that split public opinion. I know people that just loved it, and I knew people that just didn’t care for it. I watched a lot of episodes, but I personally found it a bit monotonous. 

American. :)

• Like 1

I'd like to go ahead and apologize to the TV shows that I inevitably forget to put somewhere on this list.

Scrubs

Game of Thrones 

Fringe

Farscape

Newsradio

Outlander

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Battlestar Galactica (2003)

Spartacus

Mad Men

Honorable Mention: Doctor Who, Offspring, Saving Hope, Rome, The Pacific, Cheers, Friends

• 4 weeks later...

Tough choices!

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Veronica Mars

Game of Thrones

Friends

Forever

White Collar

Secret Circle

Coupling - I am sure I nearly died laughing to this on a number of occasions, I just couldn't stop laughing long enough to breathe.

Ringer

House of Cards

Just missed the cut: Hellcats (no second series!), Big Bang Theory (changed too much, liked the early ones best), Glory Daze (cancelled part way through series), Scrubs (seen it so much I am bored of it), Westworld (good start but got bored),

Edit! : I forgot Franklin and Bash, NCIS: LA, Hawaii 50, Leverage, Human Target and Hooten and the Lady. Will have to revise my top 10 now...

Edited by Kitty
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...