Day 1, Again

hirondelle

If it helps @hirondelle post a picture on days when you've succeeded at something that is part of your goal.  It will be a visual representation of your small accomplishments that will help when you not so successful or on absolute Phuket days.  Never post one when you feel pressured.

Edited by Kethlia
  • Like 1

On Monday, October 02, 2017 at 7:03 PM, hirondelle said:

It's going well so far @fox, my fitness pal calorie tracker is coming in a little under but I don't trust it completely. I am not eating standardised branded stuff so it is hard to too exactly your amounts. I am using it mainly to keep an eye on my macros, but still ppl don't always add quantities correctly. Anyway, aside from yesterday's lunch I am pretty satisfied and not struggling with cravings... unless I see things. Bangkok is FULL or dessert shops, cafes and bakeries. I am trying to keep myself focussed by looking at these images of sugary deliciousness as 'the man' trying to keep me poor and fat. So I walk passed with a "phuk you kirspie kreme" attitude. Let's hope it holds. 

Not sure if it is psychological but my body had been aching to move... so I walked around and stretched a lot yesterday. It is still the rainy season but that should end soon and then I will be able to walk home from work again and whatnot. 

I took some before photos but I feel a bit shy to post them. ¬¬

Sweetie, you got this! Never be afraid to share your start! Because denouncing it is part of over coming it. Tell yourself "this is not me" I am not fat. I have fat and it can take a bloody hike! You know it's long and hard. You shed tears and pounds! You can do this! 

Peanut butter and bananas are a fantastic protein snack! Sweet and good! Fish is full of protein.  Look at some of my Keto recipes on pintrest.

• Love 1

So, weekly check-in:

Weight is 176.8lbs. So I have lost just over 3lbs in the first week.  Pretty cool. 

To recap I am aiming for low carb.  Nothing dramatic.. I have put 30/40/30 in MFP but I am mainly concerned with keeping carbs 30 or under to begin with, I am struggling to keep fat down now, my day is often sthg like 20/40/40 or 20/30/50.  I can't work on everything at once so once low carb becomes a bit easier for me I will pay attention to balancing fat and protein a bit better.

I had 1 day off the low carb thing (intentionally) but still stuck to my calorie max (1200) and actually lost a lb that day so I feel that was a good plan.

3 down, 57 to go :D

• Love 4

On Sunday, October 08, 2017 at 12:37 AM, hirondelle said:

So, weekly check-in:

Weight is 176.8lbs. So I have lost just over 3lbs in the first week.  Pretty cool. 

To recap I am aiming for low carb.  Nothing dramatic.. I have put 30/40/30 in MFP but I am mainly concerned with keeping carbs 30 or under to begin with, I am struggling to keep fat down now, my day is often sthg like 20/40/40 or 20/30/50.  I can't work on everything at once so once low carb becomes a bit easier for me I will pay attention to balancing fat and protein a bit better.

I had 1 day off the low carb thing (intentionally) but still stuck to my calorie max (1200) and actually lost a lb that day so I feel that was a good plan.

3 down, 57 to go :D

This makes me so happy! 

• Love 1

Go Hiro! You are my hero! :)

Little tips that help me, calorie tracking apps, MyFitnessPal is the one I use and I love it, it asks how fast you want to shed/gain weight and adjusts calories accordingly

And... water.

I drink a pint of water before eating (about 10-30m beforehand) and it helps me feel 'full' after eating what I would normally consider "not enough". Of course I never used to drink enough anyway so it helps with that too.

Keep at it :)

Weekly check in: 174.6 today despite having eaten All The Wings last night!

So that is another 2lbs down. Feeling good!

The challenge this week is to keep up the discipline despite being on leave. Not going on holiday anywhere but just being at home with free time will be a big temptation for me. I am going to work very hard to avoid carbs (because that is how things get ugly fast)  and try and do some exercise everyday.... plus get my steps! Wish me luck.