What are you working on?

Redly

6 hours ago, Kethlia said:

Yep

We could just do another thread in here? Then everyone can share.

The only issue can be that free writing can be incredibly revealing because it is so free. If you commit to it, you record everything your head thinks without censorship. So it could be painful for some. It’s used as a therapy technique sometimes. 

• Like 1

Became really good friends with someone i met through video games, and as a fan of tabletops and as an English major and teacher he has gotten me back into a little bit more creative writing. Usually they are just little one off 'stories', a little memory, exchange between character i made for tabletop game and others in her life. I might see if there are any that can be shared without a lot of explanation to post here. 

When that tabletop game imploded (as players we just couldn't get things to mesh), that character's story finished and so now i've been talking to the GM about new game and new characters. 

Only other thing of note is putting some details about a concept that's been floating around my head for 10+ years down on paper. Nothing really creative to it, just the form and function. 

Edited by Cyrain
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, Cyrain said:

Became really good friends with someone i met through video games, and as a fan of tabletops and as an English major and teacher he has gotten me back into a little bit more creative writing. Usually they are just little one off 'stories', a little memory, exchange between character i made for tabletop game and others in her life. I might see if there are any that can be shared without a lot of explanation to post here. 

When that tabletop game imploded (as players we just couldn't get things to mesh), that character's story finished and so now i've been talking to the GM about new game and new characters. 

Only other thing of note is putting some details about a concept that's been floating around my head for 10+ years down on paper. Nothing really creative to it, just the form and function. 

Would love to read what you have... do you still write poetry too?

• Like 2

Not in a long time. Every now and then i'd get a line and then play with it a little, but none of any significance. Though i'm curious what you might have enjoyed enough to have saved from all those years ago.

Found one that doesn't need explanation, it's just a little...lewd. 9_9 If that's ok, i'll post it here when i get home from work.

Edited by Cyrain
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is it wrong that i take some pleasure, knowing you'll have to wait until you get home from work to enjoy the lewd? :evil:

I mean... it's tasteful, but still probably not something to have up at work lol Maybe tonight i can come up with a little poetry.

• Haha 2

On 9/30/2017 at 1:44 AM, Squarepeg said:

I told Autumn a story a few years ago off the top of my head and I've been trying to write it down ever since! I wrote it as a poem, but it didn't really work (I tried to mix styles and it messed it up and it was reallllllly long), so I want to write it as a short story. Other than that I've been writing poems and songs.

I’ve done this with a story I shared with @hirondelle.  I’ve been wanting to expand on it, but I can’t seem to get the original short story right. 

• Sad 2

Or have your character live their life on the fly through you and you GM doing a game where your Gm picks out certain aspects of your character or creates one just for then you get to play through a session finding what you are as you go and fit yourself into the role.

• Like 1

Yeah, GM is tired of hearing that the last character created was more him than me, so he's staying out of development on this one.

Which is ok, i suppose... but it also means i feel no compunction to share anything ive been developing with him, no matter if he's curious and wants to know, so humph :P

I think i more or less have an idea of who she is now, I just need to fill in some details about her life... what actually happened that puts her on this path, etc.

• Like 1