Hand lettering and line drawing

Redly

Instead of heading back into painting or other more traditional art mediums (as I see them), I took a foray into line drawing and hand lettering, largely because I started bullet journaling and many of the inspirations I followed used both to make the journal prettier. 

Heres some of what I get up. Not all in my journal. AD1F39C8-63D4-4C47-B312-8FF65444D70F.thumb.jpeg.fca3dc9b97e3c819b14ebf0e45c2b9a8.jpeg

This was my motto for 2017.

3D80F21E-49B9-42B5-968B-F353CD40AC83.jpeg.63b67e448377ecff59eb5d90754567e0.jpeg

Some of my colouring from my Secret Garden book. B6A62F60-50A9-4A78-95A5-B70735D3636C.thumb.jpeg.2f55395dcad54d532f049880918bf31c.jpeg

My first hand lettering piece. It will have a frame around it but I haven’t decided what yet. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Yes that is what I mean by fancy journal. I have a Leuchtturm1917. Although are beautiful and gorgeous I do better with a less intimidatingly flawless notebook. I’m not all neat and fancy like those instagram #bujo folk.

Yes that is correct @Timberwolf. For instance now I am on the sofa in the living room whilst Dom is elsewhere in the house. Thus we rely on Northlands to keep us connected. :D

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

That just makes me giggle xD Love you guys. 

Ah, see I love the Leuchtturms. I definitely have to have dotted. And mine is definitely not neat. I'm not chaotic but I'm also not completely flowery. I can share some if you want to see what non-perfect bullet journalling looks like from someone who gets inspired to be creative and colourful and awesome and generally is just average and black-n-white and standard lol. 

Bullet journalling, however, did get me into line drawing and hand lettering. In a small way. I'm starting a 30-day hand lettering drills challenge when I can stop procrastinating. I'd love to do it more seriously. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Awesome work. When you do the 30 day challenge. May we be apart of it? We would love to see your work day by day and if you're in a slump I know we'll help. I will brings nips and hugs and maybe some chocolate cookies and milk. 😏

I am also not familiar with bullet journaling but in my mind I see the bullet form to paragraphs or presentations.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Kethlia said:

Awesome work. When you do the 30 day challenge. May we be apart of it? We would love to see your work day by day and if you're in a slump I know we'll help. I will brings nips and hugs and maybe some chocolate cookies and milk. 😏

I am also not familiar with bullet journaling but in my mind I see the bullet form to paragraphs or presentations.

Yes, what she said! ~ points up~

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 09/10/2017 at 3:37 PM, Kethlia said:

Thank you Keth :D :hug:  I'd like that. Especially the chocolate cookies and milk. 

I can do a thread on bullet journalling if you want? Show you what I do and give some links. I absolutely love it and it totally revolutionised how I get my shit together lol. Now I feel disorganised without it. But it's so flexible because, like this weekend, I can put it down for several days and then just pick up where I left off, no guilt or missed out pages. 

Ultimately, I plan to get some photos together and do a blog post of my bullet journals. 

On 09/10/2017 at 8:59 PM, fantasymom said:

Yes, what she said! ~ points up~

Ha ha, thanks @fantasymom I'll probably need the encouragement! 

• Like 2

@Squarepeg It's a pretty great way of organising yourself without being restricted by set planners. It's basically whatever the hell you want it to be. You take a blank notebook, of your choice, and start putting things together. There are standard ways of doing it, but pretty much everyone who does it has their own style and approach. There are some who are uber creative and, quite frankly, ridiculously pretty, and then there are others, like mine, that are relatively plain but completely functional. 

So bullet journals aren't just day planners. That's one element. You then have monthly elements you can add, or weekly, depending on your approach. Or both! You can add habit trackers, pretty pictures, memory pages, literally whatever you want to, since it's entirely free. And because it isn't a set 2018 planner, there may be some days you put it down and don't pick it up again. But you haven't wasted pages. 

Also, you can use the daily entries (which are kind of the point of it) for whatever you wish - events, notes, quotes, tasks, goals, pictures, weather, doodles, ideas, whatever. 

Check out Ryder Carrol's page - he invented the Bullet Journal as a brand. http://bulletjournal.com

Once you have the basics down, you can flex how you want. I'm planning on making a blog post on my bullet journalling approach. I'd be lost without mine. 

P.S. The top image of my original post is a page I did in my bullet journal ready for the New Year. 

• Like 2