Adulting sucks...

Tika

So some days being an adult is far less fun than I was led to believe and I just need to vent about my day...  feel free to vent with me lol.

So I'm a nursing assistant in a nursing home.  I work nights (9:45 pm to 6:15 am).  We are very short staffed on nights right now, to the point where I've been the only cna in the building some nights  (with a nurse but sometimes they're not helpful because physical cares are beneath them).  The nursing home I work at currently has 63 residents, most of whom need help with something or many something's throughout the night.  So I walk about 4 miles on average every night.  I lift, roll, move people all night.   

Tonight I got pounded on and yelled at by a sometimes sweet little old man who punches like a champ  (my arm hurts and will probably be bruised).  I can't stop what I'm doing because he's hitting me I can only try to as nicely as possible explain I need to finish doing this and then I will leave him alone.

Then I come home from work and have to get 2 kids up for school and make sure they have their things, etc, take out the dogs (we have 6 because the kids swore they would take care of the puppies when my apparently still fertile 16 year old Bassett knocked up my pit bull) but guess who winds up doing all the work... me...

At some point here I'll sleep for a few hours but I have to be up by 3 when the kids get home.  Then after they get home I'll do my daily cleaning, wash dishes, cook dinner, fold the 2 baskets of laundry sitting in the living room, maybe run errands if necessary.

Lather, rinse, repeat...  And I do it all by myself (while internalizing large amounts of emotional stress)  I'm tired...  if you actually read all that thank you so much for listening to me vent lol.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'd be a useless lump of sleeping human after coming home from one of your shifts.  I'm impressed that you manage to get housework done as well when you get home. 

Possibly a rude question, and I apologize if it is, but how many chores around the house do your kids do?

• Like 1

Oh and along with my 2 daughter's I also live with 3 technically adult boys (my 20 year old son and 2 of his friends who are 18 and 19).   But they don't really help much just make more mess...

wait, you have adults there unrelated to you who are mooching?  Time to lay down the law woman.  Either they help, or they get booted.

Hell, I did the crashing at a friends place as a teenager and I did MORE chores than their own kids just out of sheer gratitude.   

• Like 1

I live in a residential program where they do chore inspections multiple times a week. My room mates and I have to keep up with chores in order to remain here otherwise they send a person not capable to a group home. I sometimes pick up after my messy room mate for your same reasons but I would never be able to do your Superwoman powers. Kudos.

Edited by Dulcet
  • Like 4

You guys make me feel better about myself :x

I got like 5 whole hours of sleep, not too shabby... lol.  Now I have to go pick my daughter up from school since she missed the bus again.  Then follow my mom to the next town so she can drop her car off at the mechanics, then bring her to the store and back to her house.  Then drag in the new dog kennel, bring it upstairs and put it together (since they destroyed the old one)  I wonder what I should make for dinner...

And @Kethliaare you in need of private care?  ;)

• Haha 1

~snuggles~ @Kethlia

Last night's shift wasn't too bad we actually had 3 cnas all shift.  But I had to stay late for a training on body mechanics which is all great but kind of impossible to have proper body mechanics with some residents.  Tonight is going to suck there's only 2 of us and the other one kind of likes to leave me with more work...

• Sad 1