I feel old

Moonhawk

So we are back! Yayness to the max! I started to think how long it has been and wow it's been ages. I remember when 1.0 I was the only one still on it trying to revive it and the wolf and goddes came back and made 2.0 and we came back so strong for so long. It was my escape room.Then Facebook happened and people didn't find forums as much fun anymore, life happened I had two kids and a demanding retail management job and the rest is history. But we are back and that makes me happy!  Thank you @Timberwolf and @hirondelle for making this place again. Love you guys!

• Love 5

Chaos, mayhem, destruction...

its bad and it will be a long while before normality will come back. The line alone to get gas is about 5 hours long. Help has begun to come in so that is a plus but the infrastructure was already so bad that this hurricane made it worse. So 95% of the island doesn't have cell service. 98% of the island doesn't have power. A major water dam on the west coast cracked and it failed so they had to evacuate 3 cities around the area. My family and friends are ok but we shall see what happens. Estimated 3-6 months before some areas have power. Some probably a year

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Moonhawk said:

So we are back! Yayness to the max! I started to think how long it has been and wow it's been ages. I remember when 1.0 I was the only one still on it trying to revive it and the wolf and goddes came back and made 2.0 and we came back so strong for so long. It was my escape room.Then Facebook happened and people didn't find forums as much fun anymore, life happened I had two kids and a demanding retail management job and the rest is history. But we are back and that makes me happy!  Thank you @Timberwolf and @hirondelle for making this place again. Love you guys!

its been like 10 years ya young whipper snapper... Thanks for making me be ANCIENT>> loves ya baby. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Kenai said:

I'm glad for this so much.  Yeah, I followed most of you on facebook but it was just I don't know... personal and impersonal at the same time.

Yeah, Facebook is good for somethings, but there is just something special about forums for me.

1 hour ago, Spyder said:

Essentially everybody here predates Northlands 1.0, so if we go back to Fantasy Essentials then that would put us at... yep, we're all old. 

Pretty much, but if I'm not mistaken, I think @Rapture, at least in my meeting him, was on NL 2.0.

11 hours ago, hirondelle said:

And 2.0 2005 or 6?  We count the blog version as NL3.0 and this is NL4.0.  

I wanna say that is it we are keeping it forever - fourth and final.  But life has a way or making you eat your words, so I will keep my mouth shut.:D

Yes my love, 2.0 would have been 2006.  I remember uploading all the forum software on dial-up! :o 

43 minutes ago, Tika said:

Yeah we're all old...  but...  It's like fine wine we get better with age right?  Or maybe it's just wishful thinking lol

I know I like myself at 31 way more than I ever did in my early 20's.  So yeah, definitely better with age at least in my experience.

• Love 2

On 9/25/2017 at 8:08 AM, Timberwolf said:

Yeah, Facebook is good for somethings, but there is just something special about forums for me.

Pretty much, but if I'm not mistaken, I think @Rapture, at least in my meeting him, was on NL 2.0.

Yes my love, 2.0 would have been 2006.  I remember uploading all the forum software on dial-up! :o 

I <3 Dial up for that specific reason

• Haha 1