Jump to content
Moonhawk

I feel old

28 posts in this topic

So we are back! Yayness to the max! I started to think how long it has been and wow it's been ages. I remember when 1.0 I was the only one still on it trying to revive it and the wolf and goddes came back and made 2.0 and we came back so strong for so long. It was my escape room.Then Facebook happened and people didn't find forums as much fun anymore, life happened I had two kids and a demanding retail management job and the rest is history. But we are back and that makes me happy!  Thank you @Timberwolf and @hirondelle for making this place again. Love you guys!

  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

Chaos, mayhem, destruction...

its bad and it will be a long while before normality will come back. The line alone to get gas is about 5 hours long. Help has begun to come in so that is a plus but the infrastructure was already so bad that this hurricane made it worse. So 95% of the island doesn't have cell service. 98% of the island doesn't have power. A major water dam on the west coast cracked and it failed so they had to evacuate 3 cities around the area. My family and friends are ok but we shall see what happens. Estimated 3-6 months before some areas have power. Some probably a year

  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

holy fuck.

I'm glad that out of the chaos, your family and friends made it through.  That part must be a huge relief to you.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

O Moony I am happy to hear everyone is safe in PR. I hope things improve quickly for all the areas that have been hit. 

 

 

  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
7 hours ago, Moonhawk said:

So we are back! Yayness to the max! I started to think how long it has been and wow it's been ages. I remember when 1.0 I was the only one still on it trying to revive it and the wolf and goddes came back and made 2.0 and we came back so strong for so long. It was my escape room.Then Facebook happened and people didn't find forums as much fun anymore, life happened I had two kids and a demanding retail management job and the rest is history. But we are back and that makes me happy!  Thank you @Timberwolf and @hirondelle for making this place again. Love you guys!

its been like 10 years ya young whipper snapper... Thanks for making me be ANCIENT>> loves ya baby. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

LOL, I think you @Moonhawkfor keeping it alive back in 1.0.  I believe you were one of the people that helped bring @hirondelleand I back and start 2.0.  Just so you all know, 1.0 was started in 2004!!  

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

And 2.0 2005 or 6?  We count the blog version as NL3.0 and this is NL4.0.  

I wanna say that is it we are keeping it forever - fourth and final.  But life has a way or making you eat your words, so I will keep my mouth shut.:D

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I'm glad for this so much.  Yeah, I followed most of you on facebook but it was just I don't know... personal and impersonal at the same time.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Essentially everybody here predates Northlands 1.0, so if we go back to Fantasy Essentials then that would put us at... yep, we're all old. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, Kenai said:

I'm glad for this so much.  Yeah, I followed most of you on facebook but it was just I don't know... personal and impersonal at the same time.

Yeah, Facebook is good for somethings, but there is just something special about forums for me.

1 hour ago, Spyder said:

Essentially everybody here predates Northlands 1.0, so if we go back to Fantasy Essentials then that would put us at... yep, we're all old. 

Pretty much, but if I'm not mistaken, I think @Rapture, at least in my meeting him, was on NL 2.0.

11 hours ago, hirondelle said:

And 2.0 2005 or 6?  We count the blog version as NL3.0 and this is NL4.0.  

I wanna say that is it we are keeping it forever - fourth and final.  But life has a way or making you eat your words, so I will keep my mouth shut.:D

Yes my love, 2.0 would have been 2006.  I remember uploading all the forum software on dial-up! :o 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 minute ago, Timberwolf said:

Yes my love, 2.0 would have been 2006.  I remember uploading all the forum software on dial-up! :o 

And we printed of the entire IPB users manual :x

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
3 minutes ago, hirondelle said:

And we printed of the entire IPB users manual :x

Yes we did, and we kept it for years!!  I think we even printed the next forum software. xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, Spyder said:

Essentially everybody here predates Northlands 1.0, so if we go back to Fantasy Essentials then that would put us at... yep, we're all old. 

~lights spyder on fire~

Someone has to 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

Welcome back Moonhawk may the forest be kind to your moon kissed wings.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Yeah we're all old...  but...  It's like fine wine we get better with age right?  Or maybe it's just wishful thinking lol

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
43 minutes ago, Tika said:

Yeah we're all old...  but...  It's like fine wine we get better with age right?  Or maybe it's just wishful thinking lol

I know I like myself at 31 way more than I ever did in my early 20's.  So yeah, definitely better with age at least in my experience.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
On 9/25/2017 at 8:08 AM, Timberwolf said:

Yeah, Facebook is good for somethings, but there is just something special about forums for me.

Pretty much, but if I'm not mistaken, I think @Rapture, at least in my meeting him, was on NL 2.0.

Yes my love, 2.0 would have been 2006.  I remember uploading all the forum software on dial-up! :o 

I <3 Dial up for that specific reason

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
5 minutes ago, Dulcet said:

I <3 Dial up for that specific reason

 

It took ages, and it always disconnected in the middle of uploading files, so I always had to find out where it crashed at and then start from there.  Now it takes a fraction of the time.  LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Dude, you must not have had dial-up. I remember lightning fast uploads until 2004. I had dial-up longer than most. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 25/09/2017 at 12:51 PM, Spyder said:

Essentially everybody here predates Northlands 1.0, so if we go back to Fantasy Essentials then that would put us at... yep, we're all old. 

I was old when I joined FE...

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
13 hours ago, Dulcet said:

Dude, you must not have had dial-up. I remember lightning fast uploads until 2004. I had dial-up longer than most. 

I had dial up here in Thailand.  :roffles:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members
     
     

    No registered users viewing this page.

     
×