Word Art

Squarepeg

About four years ago I started SquarePeg in a RoundHole on Facebook to display some of my manipulated images and poetry. Along the way I began to combine the two into "word art". It was a form of therapy for me to help combat the depression that I had at the time, so a lot of it was pretty dark and moody, painful and angry. But, not all of it. These first few are a little more recent than four years old, I'll get to those another day. I hope you enjoy it and it would be interesting to know what you think.

FB_IMG_1507329510271.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had to go back and remember to react as I was pulled from one to the next reading them. I like the photography and wordsmith combo.  To often when I seek an outlet for what others feel I go to the card section and browse. Most of the time the words and images with them don't fit for what's i want to convey.  So taking up the pen and camera may be a new inspiration for me.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Angry at life / And a nowhere god - mindblown

so much I love... you put so many so fast I can't make all the comments

I would like to see them all typeface on white background to decide whether the images enhance the words or fight with them... I do like RM Drake's approach... it leaves me some space to interpret.  I sometimes feel your images encroach onto my tasting space.

You see what I mean.... poet - just give me your words; and photographer - just give me your images.  Stop sneaking in on each other's territory.