Gaming

Phoenix

Ooo, I’d be up for a game of naked twister ;)

i play video games a lot. Most recently been playing Path of Exile on computer, and a bunch of different stuff on PS4. 

People probably think i play too much, but I don’t have husband or children, or much of a social life, so why not.

i don’t tend to do competitive type games though lol

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cyrain said:

People probably think i play too much, but I don’t have husband or children, or much of a social life, so why not.

This is pretty much where I'm at too, heh. I do however spend a lot of time reading (heavier stuff, not fiction) and doing my Japanese study.

@kenai and I did Path of Exile for awhile but we didn't stick with it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Phoenix said:

naked Twister

I could think of a few people to play this with.  :devil-laugh:

8 hours ago, Cyrain said:

Ooo, I’d be up for a game of naked twister ;)

Point in case! :devil-laugh:

8 hours ago, Cyrain said:

There's nothing wrong with this.  I can sometimes be very competitive, but also, if I'm teaching somebody said game, I tend to be less competitive and help them get better and better, usually to the point where they end up kicking my ass all the time.  LOL.

As for playing games, I haven't played any video games in such a long time.  The last game I was addicted to was Assassian's Creed Black Flag and Rocksmith (which actually helps you learn to play guitar and to plays songs).

I do have a few vboards games that I want to eventually play, and I love DnD, and Cyberpunk, but it's been ages since I've played either.  I also love Mahjung, (solitary and also the actual game), but again, I haven't played that a lot as of late as well.  

Only game I play is Battlefield 1, on PC. Never went through any of the campaigns, just enjoy playing online. That being said, I haven't been playing it much lately. I always want to, but there are only so many hours in the day and generally it's lowest on the list of priorities. 

I am looking forward to the new Star Wars Battlefront II game coming out, although I haven't decided yet if I want to buy it. It's probably a game where I would actually want to play through the story but I'm not sure I want to have something I need to devote that kind of time to. I may just end up watching a bit here and there on Twitch, see how it looks, maybe wait for somebody to cut together all the cinematics and post them on YouTube. If reviews are good, though, I may be tempted.

The only other games that I play are fantasy sports. Don't really mess with mobile games on my phone and board games make me sleepy. Could use a bit more naked twister in my life, though...

Edited by Spyder
Because apparently I edit every post I write at this point
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, hirondelle said:

I play games on my phone.  Do I need to make a separate lower thread for this or can I list them here?

Seems okay to me!

I'm all over the place with my gaming lately. I have a large backlog (shoutout to Humble Bundle) but I'm having a hard time getting into anything lately. I've been playing some ancient stuff lately, both Pharaoh, a PC city building game ( @Kenai 's bad influence on me) and Shandalar, a simple adventure game based on Magic: The Gathering.

• Haha 1

I have a backlog too, but some is stuff that i can't access due to being in storage, or for lack of a proper desktop computer. 

Luckily, i do enjoy Final Fantasy XIV (the MMO) and so there is a ton of stuff to do ^.^  

I really want to play Curse of Monkey Island again though... hmmm, wonder if it's available somewhere.

• Like 2

ok on my phone I play:

Pokemon (though not so much anymore since they ruined it for me with some updates)

Hay Day (my forever love)

Angry Birds Match (damn you @Timberwolf for getting me addicted.

I also loved Hidden Cities, but deleted in a fit of pique and when I tried to reinstall it I couldn't get my progress back and didn't want to start over.  Grr.

:)

I also have a secret wordsearch addiction but as that is more of a puzzle than a game I won't mention it here.

1 minute ago, hirondelle said:

Angry Birds Match (damn you @Timberwolf for getting me addicted

You can't blame me for this one.  LOL.

2 minutes ago, hirondelle said:

I also loved Hidden Cities, but deleted in a fit of pique and when I tried to reinstall it I couldn't get my progress back and didn't want to start over.  Grr

This one was good, but then I felt once you got to a certain level, you need to pay to move beyond that level.

2 minutes ago, hirondelle said:

I also have a secret wordsearch addiction but as that is more of a puzzle than a game I won't mention it here

I love word searches, fill it ins, sudoku and suguru, but yeah, I don't know if you could call them games.  LOL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Timberwolf said:

You can't blame me for this one.  LOL.

This one was good, but then I felt once you got to a certain level, you need to pay to move beyond that level.

I love word searches, fill it ins, sudoku and suguru, but yeah, I don't know if you could call them games.  LOL.

1) yes I can

2) yes... but still

3) but my wordsearches are on an app which makes them feel a bit like a game :P

• Haha 1

I have solitare on an app... >.> 

I admit i play dumb games on my phone, but some are just too fun. Like Plants vs. Zombies 2

Cooking Dash is another, since i've always had an addiction to this type of time management game.

Have another i don't play very often anymore, but it was just another dumb time management type.

I used to play a hidden object game, don't remember which, but i tend to delete games if i don't play them for a long time, and that was one of them. plus it ate up a lot of space.

• Love 2

Hmm,  iPhone blockheads and Minecraft on occasion. Some time management, not enough in depth mmorpgs out there in Apple Store.

Hardcopy games on ps2/3

xbox1 shifts all the time. Minecraft, PoE, Destiny/2, Warframe, Arc Survival until we got raided hardcore.

I have honestly been hungry for a more immersive mmorpg.  One that has an open class system, non linear quests more you walk up to an everyday thing begin a conversation and suddenly you may have a task that is optional to do.  An interactive world that changes with the influence of players and open resources to build a bit of heaven for yourself in game or share crafted items with others.  When a game starts off with some these I find later in that it falls into the heavy pvp or gvg requisite lady and lose interest. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kethlia said:

An interactive world that changes with the influence of players and open resources to build a bit of heaven for yourself in game...

I wish. The tech is getting there, but it's not there yet. I was really excited about what World of Warcraft could do with the phasing system they built, but it actually seems pretty limited. They have mostly used it to reuse old areas instead of actually morphing them. Unfortunately I don't think they will go much further than that with an MMO built on 15 years of spaghetti code.

That's probably the next big game, though. The problem is that the "arms race" in game development is all going to visuals.

• Like 2

@Kethlia, if I had that kind of coding ability, that would be awesome.  One of the problems with trying to get something like that on a mobile device is how huge it would be, and nobody would want to download it.  I love open style RPG, but when it comes to most computer games, they are pretty limited.  You can run around and do things, or you can go on an adventure, but the problem is, if you don't go on said adventure, you're kind of stuck in the area/level you are.  I miss the old D&D and Cyberpunk (hell, even Shadowrun could be good) where if you had a really good DM/GM, things were pretty unlimited in what you could do and accomplish.  

One of the problems is people want to see it now.  Not that there is anything wrong with that, it's just hard to do that type of programming with the freer type of RPs.