(The) Because (Thread)

Songmistress

1 hour ago, Songmistress said:

Because I don't have the brain space.

This. Also this.

And also, because I'm tired. I'm tired of having all of these conversations all of the time. I'm tired of feeling guilt and shame and self-loathing and overwhelming inadequacy. I'm tired of the fear and worry. Because I'm just really tired.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, hirondelle said:

Because working for a selfish and manipulative organisation is exhausting.

(this thread is so useful, thank you for bringing it back)

It is.

Because too much work. Just too much. (Actual work. It's really piling up. Because I work in student recruitment and the actual recruiters are out of town, so I'm getting walloped with prospective student appointments and emails. Ughh. I need to learn how to prioritize my time better.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Because first it made me sad. And because then it made me really fucking frustrated. And because then it motivated me to prove a bitch wrong. And because THEN it made me amused.

Because she's not a good person. Because she is not innocent. Because she is deeply, DEEPLY fucking flawed. 

Because I'm not fucking broken. I'm bruised, but I'm not fucking broken.

Because GFY, asshole.

Edited by fox
  • Love 2

• 3 months later...

....the rain had let up, so I thought it would be safe to get on my bike to go to work.

.... I was three minutes from my house (about 12 from work) and it started to rain again.

... there was no place to pull over with an overhang so I could get out of the rain and put on my rain gear.

.... the rain just got hard and harder on the way in to work.

.... now I have to spend the day in wet clothes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Because he moved out. (Not going to make a big deal update-y post about it. Husband and I are separated, have officially been since the spring. He moved out at the beginning of this month. Life is life-y, I'm not good at keeping up with everything just yet - hence several months of NL break. UGH. That all said, this is a good change. We can all, kiddos included, breathe differently now the the dust is settling and we are creating a new normal.)

• Love 1

On 11/20/2019 at 12:51 PM, fox said:

Because he moved out. (Not going to make a big deal update-y post about it. Husband and I are separated, have officially been since the spring. He moved out at the beginning of this month. Life is life-y, I'm not good at keeping up with everything just yet - hence several months of NL break. UGH. That all said, this is a good change. We can all, kiddos included, breathe differently now the the dust is settling and we are creating a new normal.)

Sorry I only just saw this.  Complicated eh. You want sthg so bad and then it happens and it is still a punch in the gut.  But yeah, the only way forward is through.  Love you.