hirondelle

Guilty pleasures

9 posts in this topic

Do you have any media based guilty pleasures?  Not something you brag about or discuss in the office maybe - but something you enjoy on your own, with perhaps a tub of ice-cream...

Here is one of mine:

• Haha 1

I like some Katy Perry songs. O.o Especially "Spiritual." It has a lovely soundscape that wouldn't be out of place on a conjure one album.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kenai said:

Tori Amos little earthquakes. >.>

Oo never occurred to me to feel guilty about this one - I thought she was ckassy! But great choice. I loved this album. 

Here is another of mine 

• Like 1

LOL, ok, I won't add all of mine right now, though in reality, I don't really feel guilty, cause that's not really me, but I did get a lot of shit for loving them when I was a teenager, LOL.  Here is the first one, I have always loved Twisted Sister for as long as I've known them to be around!  LOL.  Here is the video that made me fall in love with them!

• Haha 1

Ah, I love Iron Maiden, @Squarepeg.  I'm like you, I don't really think the things I like are guilty pleasure, but I have been derided from time to time for the music that I like, so I'm sharing the music that people have given me shit for over the years.  :D

Like this one.  I don't know what it is about GWAR, but I just love them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Mirbiggs
      Listen to Come & Gone by bocifer #np on #SoundCloud

this was my band a few years back
    • By Phoenix
      So, I fell asleep watching the first Blade Runner a few years back. The sequel, Blade Runner 2049, is getting rave reviews. The sequel's director, Denis Villeneuve, previously helmed the excellent Arrival and is planning a new Dune adaptation next, which has me very excited. Blade Runner 2049 also has Hans Zimmer on the score, so I'm certainly interested.
      Should I give the original another shot?
    • By Ren
      Name your top 10 movies of all time...If your going to use a series like Star Wars..just use it once, 
      1) of course Star Wars
      2) the Hobbit
      3) Lord of the rings
      4) Dune
      5)Star Trek
      6) Harry Potter
      7)The book of Eli
      8) Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy
      9) Castaway or most other Tom Hanks.
      10) I"ll leave this one open...lol. After #8 I really had to think. 

• By Ren
      I watched this entire 1st season and LOVED IT!!! Hope they bring it back cause it just left one hanging on and I hate that 
    • By Timberwolf
      OK, If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 albums would you bring with you and why?  Now, before you get carried away with yourself, these cannot be compilations made by you or your friend or a friend of a friend.  If you choose a compilation, it must be a compilation that can be bought publicly, either in a store or online, and I don't mean like buying 2+ albums and saying that it's a compilation, because, really, it isn't.
      Maybe your answers will inspire others to listen to different types of music regardless if it's in your favorite genre or not.

Oh, , I'm saving my 3 albums until others have posted.