Weather

fox

I'll be honest, when the rainy season starts, I'm kind of looking forward to it to end the heat, but then the humidity kicks in and it's like bleh, but at this point in the rainy season, I'm ready for the rain to stop.  

Also, I sometimes miss snow, and falling snow.  I in no way whatsoever miss snow cleanup.  :roffles:

We've not had any decent snow around here for years. But, as soon as the first flake falls the trains will stop, the local councils will start with the "not enough grit for the roads" excuse, just in case it DOES snow heavily and they can't be bothered to actually go out to grit the roads and the schools will close. This country is such a wimp when it comes to snow.

• Haha 1

It's exactly the same here where there's a threat of snow, @Squarepeg. The entire city of Austin shuts down if snow is in the forecast. Not even heavy snow, because there's no such thing as actual heavy snow here. It's absurd. Ice gets more or less the same reaction. And when we do get ice and/or snow, the local news dedicates 20 of it's 30ish minutes to covering the weather and showing montages of people trying to drive up hills before sliding back down into other cars, which is admittedly hilarious. And there are a lot of hills in and around Austin.

• Haha 2

@Squarepeg & @Spyder, reminds me of when I lived in Virginia.  There was this one time where it snowed lightly for like 30 minutes, and the whole state closed.  I couldn't believe it.  There wasn't even really enough to stick to the roads.  People were driving so stupidly.  That being said, most of them had probably never seen snow in real life before and have probably never driven in it.  Where as I grew up in a state that usually gets a metric butt ton of snow every year, that being the glorious state of Minnesota, so I learned how to drive in it.  :D 

I'm not ready for snow but it's not far off here.  Metric butt ton of snow..  lol yeah same here.  I live in the land of "An inch of snow?  Hang on I can still find my golf ball" lol.  You either learn to live/drive in it or you don't leave your house for 6 months.  I love the look of a foot of fresh snow, until I have to shovel it or go out in it...

https://funnyshit.com.au/diary_of_a_snow_shoveler.html

• Haha 1

On 10/12/2017 at 10:03 PM, Spyder said:

It was 91F/33C here on Monday, but it had cooled all the way off to 88F/31C by yesterday afternoon.  You know, standard October weather.

Still, it beats the hell out of snow, or even the threat of snow. Hate that stuff.

We also just, on Saturday, had pretty lasting snow. Several inches, actually. Well. WE did, in my area of town, but downtown was just a skiff. Still, good excuse to test out the new truck. ^_^ 

It's cold now, though. Definitely real Fall. It's also wet. I think I need to go clothes and shoe shopping for the season. (LARGELY because APPARENTLY my flats have holes in the bottom of them. I found this out yesterday when I walked over rain water, not through puddles, and my shoes, socks, and feet were soaking and cold. /Sigh.)

Edited by fox