Is anyone else learning how to forum again?

Phoenix

I'm slowly learning how to use "mark as read," and clicking on the icons to take me to new posts instead of clicking on the post titles themselves. I even looked up the Firefox shortcut to open a link in a new tab (shift+middle click, if anyone needs it).

I'm feeling so old. It's like I'm trying to interact with some newfangled technology. I remember browsing message boards being so effortless before. O.o

• Haha 1

Yes, I feel that going to the last unread post seems more difficult than it used to be - I forget to click on the button!

Also notice this version of ipb software had 3 different views: table grid and fluid.  Table is what we are most used to... but fluid pulls everything out of the forums so if you can get used to the difference you might find it easier.

59e00b99276d7_forumviews.thumb.JPG.59e0af722e5d257d5758d4eeff9a362c.JPG

• Like 2

I was a little like that at first, but I've started getting the hang of it again.  One of the nice things it is still accepts BBCode, the only thing I don't like is the fact that I can't see the source code of the BBCode.  @hirondelle noticed this, and sometimes it comes in handy, but no matter where I look, there isn't anything for this.  There was one thing I found that was supposed to do it, but it messed up everything in the post box, and I think it even messed up one of @Songmistress's posts as she was posting it, and I had to completely reset the post box (tool bar) settings.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not re-learning....I never knew in the first place.....on a side, note, I'm watching Yu-Gi-Oh on twitch...and this shadow monster has a monster for a schlong.....not sure how they slipped that past the censors on a kids show......just thought I'd share =P

• Haha 1