ASMR.  / Triggers

Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) is a term used for an experience characterized by a static-like or tingling sensation on the skin that typically begins on the scalp and moves down the back of the neck and upper spine. It has been compared with auditory-tactile synesthesia

ASMR signifies the subjective experience of "low-grade euphoria" characterised by "a combination of positive feelings and a distinct static-like tingling sensation on the skin". It is most commonly triggered by specific acoustic, visual and digital media stimuli, and less commonly by intentional attentional control.

Does anyone use audio ASMR triggers? I have tried a few but they are mostly weird and vaguely sexual.... wait is it supposed to be sexual? Am I missing the point? I find it interesting but I don't really like it so I feel like I am missing something. 

I would love to hear other people's experience with it.

If you don't know what it is... here is an example:

Gahh, that girl needs a microphone cover.

There definitely can be a sexual component. ASMR stuff pops up pretty commonly over on GoneWildAudio.

I've tried this as I have serious problems getting to sleep, but it didn't work. Neither did binaural beats. Out of the dozens of medications and other things I've tried, the only thing that has worked for me without unacceptable side effects is cannabis indica. Also, very recently, I've been taking a hypertension medication that is making it easier. It's not helping with my blood pressure, but my heart rate is lower. Might be relevant.

Oh where to begin with this.  :roffles:

OK, first, let look just at this girl, that @hirondelle has posted a video of.  

1. She is young
  2. She is attractive
  3. She gives looks at the camera like there is something special between you and her
  4. She licks and bites her lips in a way that in every movie/tv show/video where the woman is showing the man she is interested in she does
  5. She makes sounds like you are damn near in her mouth (turn down your gain, I know your Yeti Mic has that control and your recording software has it)
  6. She runs the brush over her (phallic shaped) mic and looks at the camera with this look in her eyes and licks her lips and then bites her lip

And this is just the things that aren't really there, because I'm a perv, supposedly, lol

Next, what the phuk is this?

asmr01.thumb.png.814c7751b3f8c9736625e3c37b97d0fb.png

Every minute or so, she is looking off screen at something or somebody and has this mildly disgusted look on her face.  What the hell is she looking at?  Is somebody watching her?  Is somebody directing her?  Is she looking at her sound levels?  What the hell is going on?

Now, I go to YouTube and type in ASMR and get a list of videos.  

asmr04.thumb.png.f5a6500dc96306585555e01e5bdf48a2.png

OK, there are 3 videos, 2 different young attractive women.  At least the second 2 videos , she chose a thumbnail that makes her look innocent, but it doesn't take long in the video to see that she isn't.

Also, the first video, you see that she is live now, so I decided to have a look.

asmr02.png.2ab26192cf7743aa73ffef3eb6c6a1ac.png

First of all, in all your videos, all you see are sexily painted lips and breasts and .... just look.

asmr03.thumb.png.b749dcc8ae08010cbe7d62195c6de7b8.png

If this isn't all about sex without promoting sex, I don't know what is, but I digress. So I watched the live video for a few minutes, and it was all lips and licking and whatnot, notice you don't see her eyes, and you don't see below the bottom of the breasts, and the lips are wet and full and they always lick and bite their lips.

Oh wait, update, I just went back to the live video, and now there are 2 women, and they are using a mic where one girl is in each ear, and they are licking and sucking on lolllipop and moving them in and out of their mouths.

How in the phuk does this get advertisements and in Casey Neistat's video about supporting the victims of Las Vegas looses it's advertisement?  

Please, somebody come in here and explain to me how these top ASMR stars isn't all about sex and/or arousal.  Please please please.  

OK, it's time to go seduce @hirondelle now.  :devil-laugh: