Songmistress's 'Radio'

Songmistress

On 09/10/2017 at 5:32 AM, hirondelle said:

Thanks, @hirondelle:)

I give you the incomparable and SORELY underrated musical genius that is Kevin Hewick:

Kevin Hewick (born 4 February 1957, Leicester) is an English singer-songwriter who was an early member of the Factory Records roster and toured with Joy Division. Today he is known for his recordings on Pink Box Records, an independent label based in Leicester, and his recent work with Venetian collective Unfolk. 

This is a track from his last album 'Touching Stones and Tasting Rain', 'Forgotify'. https://kevinhewick.bandcamp.com/track/forgotify

Keep an eye out for Kevin's next studio album coming out later this year.  A certain person you know features upon it. ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Life is a funny old thing. It gives out such tremendous pain and incredible sorrow. It leaves deep, ugly scars, maiming and crippling and weakening body and soul. But, it also gives such beauty, of the kind that is deeper than the scars, and a way to deal and cope and explain and express them. To wrap them up in silver and send them like blown-kisses and messages in a bottle.

My friend made an album, and you should listen to it. In his own words, he says of it, "I wanted this record to be good but then I realised that this was out of my control, instead it is raw, flawed and fragile; because I made it and it is real. I hope hidden inside is something beautiful and worthwhile, I suspect though it would take more than one listen to discover any treasure."

Treasure, it is. And, beautiful, most certainly.

Thank you, No mans heath, for sharing your realness, your exquisite fragility.
2764.png<3 infinitum.

https://nomansheath.bandcamp.com/album/ball-of-string

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...