NSFW - my doodles

hirondelle

These are really beautiful.  I can't decide which I like more between the coloured and uncoloured versions, though. They both speak different things, and both things are good things. I think I'd like to have them both, side by side, in a frame...on my wall...hint, hint, hint (blatantly obvious begging).  You're much better at drawling the female form than I am. My drawing is pretty damn rubbish, and I have little patience for tiny detail, even though I love it in other's artwork. But, it is good therapy; so, I continue to scrawl my heavy-handed lines on paper and pixel for that reason. Your art is lovely, @hirondelle. Really lovely.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Thank you @Songmistress. Drawing is very therapeutic for me too, I just don't do it enough (I have... issues that I need to let go of). These are practice pieces - I am exploring -  let's see how many I can produce... I would be more than happy to give you a couple next time I'm in the UK.

I really love your art @songmistress please don't put it down. We have different styles, I'm a controlling personality so my art is quite technical and controlled too... You are more of a visionary and your work reflects that. The world needs both of us. :love3:

• Love 4

3 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Well, this is neat. I don't think I ever knew you drew.

Thanks @Phoenix, I think I hide / smother it in many ways. From the age of 7-17 all I wanted to be was an artist.  I had a plan, school followed by art college foundation year at my local college followed by Fine Art degree in the best University I could weasel my way into (I dreamed of Slade), I had had small local exhibitions and my grades were amazing, I was known in school as that artistic kid.  Then at the age of 17 I took my art a-level a year early with no prep (because I thought I was THAT good) and failed.  I retook it a year later and passed but my confidence was gone and my grade was poor (art like many things is a head game - confidence is important).  I couldn't bare what I felt was humiliation and switched to literature which is nice and all, but had neither the risk or reward of art.  Total hubris / arrogance - I deserved the outcome, but even now 30 years later it is painful to think about it.

@Songmistress has a song called 'Bottle' which basically sums up everything I feel about art.  It is a beautiful song but it stings to listen to it.

Still, nothing feels quite as good when I forget all the bullshit and just make art.  Just meh, it could have been my life. :)

• Love 2

They are not doodles. They are works of art. Beautiful, beautiful pieces. 

I do not have the patience to draw at the ability level I know I'm capable of. When I start I want to see the finished piece almost immediately so I rush and fuck it up. One reason I turned to photography, almost instant gratification! I had aspirations to be a graphic artist, but after only getting D in my art O Level I didn't bother pursuing it. 

• Love 3

• 5 months later...
On 10/21/2017 at 3:02 AM, hirondelle said:

Just meh, it could have been my life. :)

A part of me wants to say that it can still be your life just without all the inner and outer pressure to be your best. Yes, perfectionist will argue it has to be right the first time but the point is to make it fun.  It is another stepping stone to stand on and then surpass. These are beautiful reflections of who you are in that moment. May we have more of your pictures to enjoy whenever they come about?

• Love 1