hirondelle

NSFW - my doodles

8 posts in this topic

These are really beautiful.  I can't decide which I like more between the coloured and uncoloured versions, though. They both speak different things, and both things are good things. I think I'd like to have them both, side by side, in a frame...on my wall...hint, hint, hint (blatantly obvious begging).  You're much better at drawling the female form than I am. My drawing is pretty damn rubbish, and I have little patience for tiny detail, even though I love it in other's artwork. But, it is good therapy; so, I continue to scrawl my heavy-handed lines on paper and pixel for that reason. Your art is lovely, @hirondelle. Really lovely.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Thank you @Songmistress. Drawing is very therapeutic for me too, I just don't do it enough (I have... issues that I need to let go of). These are practice pieces - I am exploring -  let's see how many I can produce... I would be more than happy to give you a couple next time I'm in the UK.

I really love your art @songmistress please don't put it down. We have different styles, I'm a controlling personality so my art is quite technical and controlled too... You are more of a visionary and your work reflects that. The world needs both of us. :love3:

• Love 3

Well, this is neat. I don't think I ever knew you drew.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Well, this is neat. I don't think I ever knew you drew.

Thanks @Phoenix, I think I hide / smother it in many ways. From the age of 7-17 all I wanted to be was an artist.  I had a plan, school followed by art college foundation year at my local college followed by Fine Art degree in the best University I could weasel my way into (I dreamed of Slade), I had had small local exhibitions and my grades were amazing, I was known in school as that artistic kid.  Then at the age of 17 I took my art a-level a year early with no prep (because I thought I was THAT good) and failed.  I retook it a year later and passed but my confidence was gone and my grade was poor (art like many things is a head game - confidence is important).  I couldn't bare what I felt was humiliation and switched to literature which is nice and all, but had neither the risk or reward of art.  Total hubris / arrogance - I deserved the outcome, but even now 30 years later it is painful to think about it.

@Songmistress has a song called 'Bottle' which basically sums up everything I feel about art.  It is a beautiful song but it stings to listen to it.

Still, nothing feels quite as good when I forget all the bullshit and just make art.  Just meh, it could have been my life. :)

• Love 2

They are not doodles. They are works of art. Beautiful, beautiful pieces. 

I do not have the patience to draw at the ability level I know I'm capable of. When I start I want to see the finished piece almost immediately so I rush and fuck it up. One reason I turned to photography, almost instant gratification! I had aspirations to be a graphic artist, but after only getting D in my art O Level I didn't bother pursuing it. 

• Love 3