PyroCJ

I like baking, today I'm going to to a board game get together and I am bringing cookies. They are just in the oven now So not sure yet how they will turn out but I'm making chocolate m&m cookies. Using this recipe  http://bakerbynature.com/soft-batch-chocolate-mm-cookies/

The recipe said the batter was supposed to be a but liquidy and the dough wouldn't be able to be rolled into balls.. that's not the case for what we made.. the only changes we did was less M&Ms and chocolate chips and we used white chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate. Also less of those than called for, when you add too many chips you may end up with a cookie that falls apart

This thread is meant to share any cooking creations, dinner, snacks, breakfast and also if you want to share photos of your resultant dinner 

i know some of you love to do that @icewlf :P

20171021_163323.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Mexican lasagna is what I make. Corn tortilla wraps layered with seasoned  lean ground beef, refried beans and grated hard goats cheese. Originally I made it with the refried beans and salsa mixed with cheddar cheese, but you could put anything in, really. 

Preheat the oven to 180°C (you'll have to do the Fahrenheit conversion, I haven't got a clue!). Warm up the beans, storing occasionally so they don't stick to the pan, and brown the beef. Once the beef is done place your first wrap in an ovenproof dish, cover the wrap with a tablespoon of the beans, some of the beef and then some of the grated cheese. Cover with the second wrap and repeat. I use a total of six wraps , with the last one left bare.  Place in the oven for 15 minutes. Once baked, take it out the oven, slice it up, smother it in soured cream, quacamole and salsa (or, in our case, plain fat free yogurt. Damn gastritis!) and enjoy!

I'll do some pics next time I make one.

Edited by Squarepeg
  • Like 2

Ooh that sounds delicious @Squarepeg

Today we just ate out but we got Bingsoo as a treat, that's shaved "ice" in this case it was shaved chocolate milk. It was yummy but I think I prefer the fruit ones. We also went to Popeyes Louisiana chicken but didn't really like anything.. other than the biscuits

20171023_164456.jpg

• Like 2

I made spaghetti squash this week! ^_^ First time ever. It was lovely.

It's not photo worthy, but the cider I had with it was! (I had to jack a photo from IG. Apparently I deleted the original. Hah! BUT CHECK OUT THAT GLASS. They're new to us and I LOVE them. They were Husband's grandfather's. ...and the squash is fully visible in the background.)

Cider.jpg

And yeah @PyroCJ - agreed, you should post your love story. It's lovely! ^_^ 

Edited by fox
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2017 at 10:35 AM, PyroCJ said:

Ooh that sounds delicious @Squarepeg

Today we just ate out but we got Bingsoo as a treat, that's shaved "ice" in this case it was shaved chocolate milk. It was yummy but I think I prefer the fruit ones. We also went to Popeyes Louisiana chicken but didn't really like anything.. other than the biscuits

20171023_164456.jpg

@hirondelle and I had some bhingsu (sp) a few times here.  Been awhile though.  It is good.  

Some of the food here looks so damn good!