Yada yada yada

Cyrain

I don't generally debate people because, well, generally people are awful. You lot are lovely, so while I'd be exceedingly nervous due to self-conditioning, I could possibly post in here every now and then.

BUT

(butt? hmmm)

I just need one small moment to say

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!

This is a general, blanket statement for most of the 'hot button' topics. (In the world/US at large, not necessarily here on this forum specifically) 

I understand that some of the hot topics being debated in the world are extremely important and hit very close to home for a lot of people, and I don't mean to be insensitive to what people are dealing with or going through, or what their personal struggles have been. 

I just look at everything that is going on in the world, all the things that are monumentally more important, and can't help but think "REALLY?? are we REALLY this concerned about THIS right now??" 

Anyway... that's my small rant for the day. If you need me, I'll be in the corner, hiding from and denying any such post in a 'debate' thread.

• Love 2

Oh definitely, I didn’t mean to make you feel a dick. I do it all the time, question people’s balance / judgement on the issues to get irate about. But in a sense none of it matters, Thai Buddhist are always very unconcerned about the news to the extent that westerners often think they are ignorant or superficial. But actually they see that ‘news’ is all a game anyway. Issues are thrown at us to distract or preoccupy us. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1