Your best day ever was....

Kitty

I have to go for the moments I held my kids for the first time and the Christmas that my other half asked me to marry him.

Other then those when I was travelling on my gap year. I love the feeling, being in an airport/aeroplane and the buzz of expectation as you imagine the adventure about to unfold. :D

They day Dom arrived in Thailand will always be my favourite day. Meeting him at the airport, the taxi home, fucking, unpacking, talking fucking, dinner, shopping, coming home and fucking to music this time. (Lol, we bought a stereo on the first day he arrived because I had left my husband and had taken almost nothing with me - and just lived in possession-less limbo until Dom arrived).

Also on holiday in Krabi, Dom and I drank coffee and talked and ate great food and were amazed at the beauty of the world and sat on the beach at night and listened to the sea. 

I think another wonderful day in my pre Dom life was the first time I went to a tropical island.  I was living with 2 female friends in Singapore and we went to Pulau Babi Besar in Malaysia.  It was insanely beautiful, we arrived via a small boat late at night and there was phosphorescent plankton in the sea that sparkled in the wake of the boat and in the waves that splashed around the sides.  I got off the boat and stood on the beach in the moonlight and starlight, and the air was warm and the beach was surrounded by silhouettes of palm trees.

I have experienced that many times since, and I always love it - but the first time blew my mind.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's FAIRLY stereotypical, but the births of my boys were mine. For the eldest, it was that moment, in transition, when I literally said "this is really fucking cool," just before his delivery. For the littlest, it was the entire (incredibly fucking fast) labour and delivery (except the back labour. NOT a good feeling). I caught him, and cut his chord. It was incredible. I need to note here that it's not JUST because that's when I met my boys, which is, of course, glorious. But, almost more importantly (for me), it's when I recognized the primal, vicious strength I possess. I learned to completely let go in those moments (I am a BIT of a control freak), and it was fucking stunning.

(Please note: I am NOT one of those orgasmic birth folks. It hurt. A lot. ;) )

• Love 1

On 11/26/2017 at 12:46 AM, hirondelle said:

They day Dom arrived in Thailand will always be my favourite day. Meeting him at the airport, the taxi home, fucking, unpacking, talking fucking, dinner, shopping, coming home and fucking to music this time. (Lol, we bought a stereo on the first day he arrived because I had left my husband and had taken almost nothing with me - and just lived in possession-less limbo until Dom arrived).

I still remember this day like it was yesterday.  40+ hours of travel time, and to be honest, I was excited the whole time.  Not only was it the first time I'd every traveled internationally (not counting Canada and Mexico), but I was on the way to see for the first time this incredible woman.  I was a smoker at this time, so every time I landed someplace - New York - Alaska - Taipei, Taiwan, I was sucking back those smokes.  The hardest part was the layover in New York as it was 8 hours.  The was mobile phone time for me, so I had no way of contacting @hirondelle while I was on my journey.  Then came the day I landed.  I went through immigration, for the first time, pick up my suitcases, one of which was broke along the way, and I headed through customs, nervous and excited, turned left, and headed down the walkway.  About half way to 3/4 of the way down, my bags were falling over, so I had to turn around and set them back up, but after about another 10 feet, and I saw her, and my heart about burst out of my chest.  My hands were full, so I couldn't wrap my arms around her, so I just leaned into her and kissed her!  :love::love2:

On 11/26/2017 at 12:46 AM, hirondelle said:

Also on holiday in Krabi, Dom and I drank coffee and talked and ate great food and were amazed at the beauty of the world and sat on the beach at night and listened to the sea. 

I remember the first and the second trip to Krabi well.  Loved them both times.

Another day for me was the first weekend I was here with Tracy.  We decided to jump in a taxi and take it to the piers and catch a boat to island of Koh Samet.  We got to the island and climbed into the back of a pickup which took us to a resort on the beach called Tubtim resort.  We spent a few days here, but I remember sitting on the poarch of our room/hut with Tracy on my lap and just holding her.  Still feeling amazed that I was here with this amazing woman.  I still feel this today!

The next two are the days my children came into this world.  They day my daughter, Bretney was born, and the day my son, Ricky was born.

These are just a few of my favorite days.  I can look back on my life and see so many, but these are the ones that top the charts.

• Love 1

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, Kethlia said:

My best day ever was the first moment my imagination took flight.  The world changed in the blink of an eye and even know my imagination keeps me thirsty for another adventure in to my mind's inner workings and creations.

This is so awesome @Kethlia.  I love when I sit down to write a story or a blog post, both of which I need to do, lol.  It's such a nice feeling while I'm writing, and an even better feeling when I finish.  I love it!

• Love 1