TV Shows

icewlf

5 hours ago, Phoenix said:

I'm still watching Star Trek Discovery, and while I'm glad a Trek TV series is on, it's still meh. Only character I'm into is the captain.

It's not "meh", it's just different. I'm rather enjoying it.

The second season of Chance starts over here on Friday, looking forward to that. And The Flash and Arrow start again this week, too.

Edited by Squarepeg
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

@hirondelleand I have recently started watching Orange is the New Black.  We're kind of binge watching it.  LOL.  I really like it.  I love how they have built the characters.  Its just sucked me in.  You would have to has @hirondellewhat she thinks of it.  LOL.  But for me, I'm loving it.

To go with this, we are also watching a British TV series from the 80's/90's which is called Lovejoy, which I'm really enjoying!  We are also watching Taxi, yes the one from the 70's, lol.  Loving it! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

We just finished watching quite a few different series' -

• We've watched Mad Men for the second time.  Still a really good series.  
  • Cobra Kai - Season 1 and Season 2 - A YouTube Red series.  What I love about his is that they brought back the original cast from Karate Kid (Daniel and Johnny), and it shows them now, and puts a really interesting spin on how things are now.
  • The Crown - Season 1 and Season 2 - A Netflix series, which is about Queen Elizabeth II.  Really enjoyed it it.  I loved watching how things unfolded throughout her reign as Queen.

2 hours ago, Timberwolf said:

We just finished watching quite a few different series' -

• We've watched Mad Men for the second time.  Still a really good series.  
  • Cobra Kai - Season 1 and Season 2 - A YouTube Red series.  What I love about his is that they brought back the original cast from Karate Kid (Daniel and Johnny), and it shows them now, and puts a really interesting spin on how things are now.
  • The Crown - Season 1 and Season 2 - A Netflix series, which is about Queen Elizabeth II.  Really enjoyed it it.  I loved watching how things unfolded throughout her reign as Queen.

The Crown - in my opinion, one of the best series on TV. The 3rd comes out in November, apparently. I’m excited, it’s a new cast. Whilst I’ll miss Clare Foy and Matt Smith, I’m excited to see what the new ones do with it. 

Im currently re watching Glee! I bloody love this series. 

I also finished Chernobyl recently. Hands down one of the best bits of TV I’ve ever seen. Not exactly cheery watching, but incredibly evocative and atmospheric, as well as horrifying. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Redly said:

The Crown - in my opinion, one of the best series on TV. The 3rd comes out in November, apparently. I’m excited, it’s a new cast. Whilst I’ll miss Clare Foy and Matt Smith, I’m excited to see what the new ones do with it. 

Im currently re watching Glee! I bloody love this series. 

I also finished Chernobyl recently. Hands down one of the best bits of TV I’ve ever seen. Not exactly cheery watching, but incredibly evocative and atmospheric, as well as horrifying. 

Yeah, we are looking forward to season 3 as well.  :D  

My daughter watched Glee when she was here, and I watched some with her, but it's just not my thing.  

We are planning on watching Chernobyl this weekend.  We've heard great reviews about it.

8 hours ago, Timberwolf said:

Yeah, we are looking forward to season 3 as well.  :D  

My daughter watched Glee when she was here, and I watched some with her, but it's just not my thing.  

We are planning on watching Chernobyl this weekend.  We've heard great reviews about it.

Ah I love glee but wouldn’t think it would be your bag lol. Chernobyl is tv brilliance. Truly brilliant performances. The music is so eerie and unsettling. Not something to watch if you’re having a bad day anyway. 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 11:40 PM, Redly said:

Ah I love glee but wouldn’t think it would be your bag lol. Chernobyl is tv brilliance. Truly brilliant performances. The music is so eerie and unsettling. Not something to watch if you’re having a bad day anyway. 

So we watched Chernobyl.  Wow!  We couldn't watch it episode after episode, we had to watch something else between each episode, and it couldn't be the last thing we watched before we went to bed.  

3 hours ago, Timberwolf said:

So we watched Chernobyl.  Wow!  We couldn't watch it episode after episode, we had to watch something else between each episode, and it couldn't be the last thing we watched before we went to bed.  

I know, right? Stunning tv, but oh so depressing. The last bit, where they explained what actually happened to the characters, made me sob. So unbelievably heart breaking. 

(On a side note - a similar sort of ignorance is currently happening in Japan with Fukushima.)

Ive just started The Boys on Prime - bloody brilliant! So much better than I expected! 

• Like 1

Chernobyl was outstanding. Depressing as hell, but so well written and acted. 

The Boys was really good. I knocked out all eight episodes over a couple days and now I'm counting the days until season two.

Just finished up season two of GLOW, which is still hilarious, and just started a new Netflix show called Wu Assassins, which has been good so far.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

House of the Dragon, on HBO

The Mandalorian, on Disney+

The Book of Boba Fett, on Disney+

Obi-Wan Kenobi, on Disney+

Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous, on Netflix

(Looking forward to Percy Jackson and the Olympians series that will be on Disney+ some time this year.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...