Pets - Gotta have them, Gotta love them

Ren

haha, any animals are welcome i think :)
I know what you mean, luckily they don't come into my home, i'm not sure who of my pets would chase them out first, but my front yard seems to be cat heaven or something. I always have cats to watch when sitting on the couch in front of the window :D 

• Thanks 1

Second up, Suki. She is my foster fail. She came to us with her sister as kittens, my house was already "full" but When I saw this sad photo of them saying their time was up and they needed a home or they would be put down.. well.. our home got fuller.

the reason they were in danger of being put down is they were semi-feral. Afraid of us humans. It took a couple months but we got them to the pain where when everything was calm they would.come to us for love. Suki was even ok with us walking around at a normal pace and the general everyday life sounds, her sister you had to walk a bit slower around but she was getting there.

then someone contacted us, she was interested in adopting! We were very clear that they were still timid, that they would need extra work but she was fine will all that, she worked from home, only had older children yadda yadda. So we let them go to be fostered to adopt. 3 months later the rescue has to force her to make a decision, adopt them or not, what's it going to be. Suddenly she's claiming it's like she doesn't live with cats because they never come out of the basement (where their food and litter and allthe cat stuff was)  and Suki is bullying her sister because she would eat all the wet food (2 dishes, problem solved)

she returned to us and her sister stayed behind, she came back to us much more feral than when she left, afraid of us walking around and regular calm life stuff, she acted like she hadn't seen a toy in months and did the know how to play and her fur was so very matted. Her sister was returned a few weeks later but didn't come to us

shes gotten better again, she can handle daily life without being afraid and she cuddles occasionally. She has a nice loud purr, and flops over for rubs. She doesn't like new people, she's afraid of us in shoes, or bulky coats. She doesn't like loud sounds or bags or bells.

she may not ever be completely normal.. but we are not either and she needed a special home that understands her... So we decided that would be us. So she's here to stay.

Shes around 2 now, found on the street so can't be sure what she is, paperwork/vet guess says Balinese

20170222_150247.jpg

20161111_224940.jpg

20161111_001335.jpg

20160906_131404.jpg

20160528_220237.jpg

20160514_191808.jpg

• Love 2

Thanks Tika :-) Now Imma do Octobers fosters, I will not post pets that haven't been in my home since this forum went up.. we would have too many posts by me lol

so first October foster we actually had since March, we thought we were going to adopt her. She came to us right after surgery for really bad crystals, the vet was surprised she survived it, she was in a lot of pain for a long time. She was peeing out of the box and was rehomed twice in a month before coming to the rescue.

we got the crystals under control and noticed a lump on her ear. Turned out to be a begnin tumor, cut it off and moved on.

then she got all these little sores on her chin. Metal allergy. Dealt with that.

then she was peeing out of the box again, back to the vet. Probably a reoccurrance of the crystals, more meds.. and hey by the way, she keeps.looking skinnier and skinnier, what was her weight last time.

so she is loosing weight more than is normal.. bring her back in for bloodwork

guess what? She's got diabetes. Joy.

we had her for awhile despite all that, but she was also fighting with Ryuuka a lot so we had her moved to a new foster.

introducing Nathalie aka Queenie

20171005_162447.jpg

20170507_024704.jpg

20170516_124640.jpg

20170613_201025.jpg

20170412_192105.jpg

20170310_005544.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It is a lot of fun to foster, it's heartbreaking, heartwarming, it's the best feeling when you nurse one back to health, it's an absolutely amazing feeling when a feral kitten comes to you for love. Also, when you foster you can always have kittens terrorizing your home lol

The next kitten we only had for a few hours, came to us October first. I was contacted about I kitten found outside, it had diarrhea, was super skinny, had very little energy, and had sort of a green discharge from its bum.

the person who took it in had other animals and said she was not going to hold.it for long and was going to put it back outside because she didn't want her animals to get sick, she did have it in her bathroom away from the other animals. We didn't name it but Chris called it slimer. 

not a feral kitten, it very much wanted human affection. The kitten is now mostly healthy with a different foster home.

20171001_174511.jpg

20171001_154902.jpg

20171001_154855.jpg

20171001_153425.jpg

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quickly go through the rest of October.

momma and 5 babies, just with us overnight. Their owner got sick and needed to rehome.

Tigar/Tiggar was posted on a buy and sell. Lost his mom at 2 weeks, fed cow's milk. Has a suckling habit, super duper cute.. I miss him (orange one)

Ciel, Dumped in the area with the feral colony here.

Last I called Sebby, he was found with Ciel but was much bigger so didn't stay with us long, he was ready for vetting, Ciel was too little.

20171027_001742.jpg

20171025_202709.jpg

20171025_201003.jpg

20171024_201205.jpg

20171019_151807.jpg

20171017_202309.jpg

20171017_152918.jpg

20171016_224122.jpg

20171011_205813.jpg

20171011_205255.jpg

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...