Wanderings

Kethlia

The song Never from The Greatest Showman echoes in my conciousness.

It even follows me in my dreams. Is ut calling out to me? Am I reaching out it's  lyrics?

It must apply to my life, my thoughts and innermost feelings tucked away from my sight.  What secret do these lyrics hide as I seek out their form in the dark.

Do you know?  Would you you tell it to me?

"...Never, never..." These to words resound in my soul.

Are their echoes an emptiness unknown or a step forward into a new destiny with the determination and battle cry of the song This Is Me?

Haunting Melodies feel me including the song Waiting Room by Songmistress. What are these feelings and beautiful realities before me, a dream?

IMG_1822.JPG

• 2 years later...

Adventuresome 202104

I sit on a mossy cliff precipice that overlooks a valley with a lake at it's center and a mountain range stretching out in the distance.  The wind chilled my face with the kiss of winter coming down from the  floating highlands to the north.     I whistle a happy tune as I recline against a rock on the cliff's top.  Bracing myself with one hand as my other twirled a long rough shod bladed staff.  Smiling, I stand and brush off the dirt and moss from my bum. Then, looking behind me with a sassy expression I holler, "Coming?" I turn forward and launch myself off the cliff precipice and plummet into a free dive.  Leaving the last floating highland behind.

"I'm alive!" I hear my shout cut off by the roar of an updraft wind.  My tunic clothes flapping against me.  My cloak billows out as a sapphire gem in my left earring begins to glow.  "Winds of heaven guide my fall!" I summon my magic as both a crest and miniature magic circle appear in front of me.  My form passes through both spell forms and my erratic free fall steadies.  A cloud reflects my shadow as a human with falcon wings for just a second before I'm passing through it.  I am now gliding downwards toward the valley.  Whooping at the thrill I shout at the sky again, "Adventure here we come!"

《Critiques Welcome, oh and pardon the Kethisms ^*~》

FB_IMG_1616494219865.jpg

• Love 1

I take a step out of the shadow’s at the edge of the cliff’s base.  Stepping forward into a new scheme with my companion.  I stroke the soft fur of the animal in my arms.  “Taking a bit of a risk being seen aren’t we?”  I look up as my companion comes gliding down from the top of the cliff. The blood red jewel on my finger gives a soft glow as we check the surrounds.  Finding nothing but the expected furry critters and their feathery counter parts in the near vicinity I relax slightly.  Not knowing what sort of a job we have acquired this time makes me uneasy.

“So tell me, what have you gotten us into this time

I land softly and smile at my buddy, "It's just hot and bothersome back there." I shrug,  'Besides, since this situation seems to be legit. I want to know what our boundaries are.'   I reach out to stroke the creature's fur and get teeth marks for my efforts. "Testy, aren't they?", I smirk and pass my left hand over my injured right one invoking a sapphire shimmer from the gem underneath my tunic.  "Huh, I'll need to be careful using my jewel spells during certain times."  Looking at my companion I smirk as I remember her question.  'Lord Stuphisfants, wants a village to answer for slighting him in front of the Council Elders at the last Blood moon harvest festival.' 

I turn around and squint at the lake behind me.  "From what I could read on that scroll they showed me, that village is about month's journey thata way."  I point towards the blue and green moons in the sky.   I chuckle at the sight since back home we have one white or yellow moon and sun.   Looking up from this world's moons the red sun was wasn't too far from sunset.  

I give my buddy my most mischievous grin and a wink for good measure.   "I also want to see what we can really do with ourselves without that atmosphere. " I give myself a mental shove,  this world scared the hell out of me when I first woke up in it.   Then it clamped down on me and wouldn't let go.   The floating highlands with their cliff face built towns and sky bridges of floating teetering stone chucks were covered in snow most of the time.   It also seems like the more influential lived up there with the exception of the paid help who used magic to elevator up from down here every day and no moon night.

That thought was another mystery,  I throw up my hands, "How can this world have their moons and sun set together so that there are only stars to light the place up at night anyway?" I shake my head as I recall another part of the order.  'Oh,  we're on our own in this task.   Just so long as we send proof of the deed back to them by Vault carrier. '  Having talked so much I reach in to my small satchel at my side and pull out my canteen to quench my thirst.   My buddy is probably grateful for this brief silence which in turn makes me smirk.

((Secondary color is my friend Sabrana))

• Love 1

On 4/5/2021 at 5:37 PM, Kethlia said:

Adventuresome 202104

I sit on a mossy cliff precipice that overlooks a valley with a lake at it's center and a mountain range stretching out in the distance.  The wind chilled my face with the kiss of winter coming down from the  floating highlands to the north.     I whistle a happy tune as I recline against a rock on the cliff's top.  Bracing myself with one hand as my other twirled a long rough shod bladed staff.  Smiling, I stand and brush off the dirt and moss from my bum. Then, looking behind me with a sassy expression I holler, "Coming?" I turn forward and launch myself off the cliff precipice and plummet into a free dive.  Leaving the last floating highland behind.

"I'm alive!" I hear my shout cut off by the roar of an updraft wind.  My tunic clothes flapping against me.  My cloak billows out as a sapphire gem in my left earring begins to glow.  "Winds of heaven guide my fall!" I summon my magic as both a crest and miniature magic circle appear in front of me.  My form passes through both spell forms and my erratic free fall steadies.  A cloud reflects my shadow as a human with falcon wings for just a second before I'm passing through it.  I am now gliding downwards toward the valley.  Whooping at the thrill I shout at the sky again, "Adventure here we come!"

《Critiques Welcome, oh and pardon the Kethisms ^*~》

FB_IMG_1616494219865.jpg

I really like this.  It's a great start and/or a great ending.  Something that could be a lot of fun.

• Love 1

On 4/7/2021 at 4:43 AM, Kethlia said:

Isn't she or wasn't she a member here?

On 4/7/2021 at 4:43 AM, Kethlia said:

I take a step out of the shadow’s at the edge of the cliff’s base.  Stepping forward into a new scheme with my companion.  I stroke the soft fur of the animal in my arms.  “Taking a bit of a risk being seen aren’t we?”  I look up as my companion comes gliding down from the top of the cliff. The blood red jewel on my finger gives a soft glow as we check the surrounds.  Finding nothing but the expected furry critters and their feathery counter parts in the near vicinity I relax slightly.  Not knowing what sort of a job we have acquired this time makes me uneasy.

“So tell me, what have you gotten us into this time

I land softly and smile at my buddy, "It's just hot and bothersome back there." I shrug,  'Besides, since this situation seems to be legit. I want to know what our boundaries are.'   I reach out to stroke the creature's fur and get teeth marks for my efforts. "Testy, aren't they?", I smirk and pass my left hand over my injured right one invoking a sapphire shimmer from the gem underneath my tunic.  "Huh, I'll need to be careful using my jewel spells during certain times."  Looking at my companion I smirk as I remember her question.  'Lord Stuphisfants, wants a village to answer for slighting him in front of the Council Elders at the last Blood moon harvest festival.' 

I turn around and squint at the lake behind me.  "From what I could read on that scroll they showed me, that village is about month's journey thata way."  I point towards the blue and green moons in the sky.   I chuckle at the sight since back home we have one white or yellow moon and sun.   Looking up from this world's moons the red sun was wasn't too far from sunset.  

I give my buddy my most mischievous grin and a wink for good measure.   "I also want to see what we can really do with ourselves without that atmosphere. " I give myself a mental shove,  this world scared the hell out of me when I first woke up in it.   Then it clamped down on me and wouldn't let go.   The floating highlands with their cliff face built towns and sky bridges of floating teetering stone chucks were covered in snow most of the time.   It also seems like the more influential lived up there with the exception of the paid help who used magic to elevator up from down here every day and no moon night.

That thought was another mystery,  I throw up my hands, "How can this world have their moons and sun set together so that there are only stars to light the place up at night anyway?" I shake my head as I recall another part of the order.  'Oh,  we're on our own in this task.   Just so long as we send proof of the deed back to them by Vault carrier. '  Having talked so much I reach in to my small satchel at my side and pull out my canteen to quench my thirst.   My buddy is probably grateful for this brief silence which in turn makes me smirk.

I'm really enjoying your writing!  thank you for sharing more @Kethlia

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I silently listen as Ariethil continues her monolog.  “So what you telling me is that we are doing a task for a ‘Lord’ that you detest.  For a reason that makes no sense and it could, once again, get us killed or worse keep us from awakening to our true selves.  Is this what I am to understand?”

The creature that I had been petting has left my arms and instead curls around my neck inside the cowl covering my hair and placing my face in shadow.  All you see are two sets of what appears to be liquid silver eyes peering out at you.  I move forward.  Moving closer to the dense cover of the tree surrounding the lake.  As I have no wish to meet the creatures living in their depths.

“Ari do be careful.  I know your fondness for creatures of mystery.  But the ones in the lake you are looking towards I don’t feel would be as welcoming as you wish them to be.  Especially to an air breather such as yourself.”  I find a nice mossy boulder to rest myself upon. “As for your question about the moons and suns, not all worlds are the same.  Some worlds never know the cool embrace of night.  They only have light.  You will adapt to this world as it appears we have no choice until we are allowed to go back."

"I find it amusing that he keeps trying to off us." Ariethil joins her companion in the shadows and winces at her interest being so easy to recognize. "It was worth a consideration at least."  A wryly grin and shrug shows she heard her buddy's last words as she touches the gem on her left ear.   A map overlays her vision as it fills out the last stages their journey from the High Citadel.  Ariethil confirms their destination by refreshing the waypoint with a mental nudge.  Shaking her head she stuffs her right hand in her pocket and shifts her weight to her right leg, cocking her hip.  "Shall we travel by land or test water traveling before we lose more of the day?" Ariethil's bladed staff hangs behind her back crosswise from her body with a spell glyph glowing over it.  "Magic makes carrying things quite useful here.  We have yet to test suspend techniques."  She adds as an afterthought.

• Love 1

“You and I my friend have very different ideas on what is amusing.  I still have some healing areas from the last time he attempted.  So, no more jobs for him.  If he comes for me again, he will not like the result and then I will have to permanently relocate again.  I am quickly running out of non-hostile areas in which to reside.”

A loud rumble starts far in the distance and soon it comes much closer.  Making the ground shake.  I can feel the consciousness that resides in the beast as it comes ever closer.  Soon enough a giant shadow blocks out the moons and suns, as a giant feline like form sails over us to enter into the seeming placid lake behind Ariethil.  Soon enough that same form breaks the once more still waters.  In its mouth is one of the creatures that was drawing the attention of Ariethil.

“It seems that our ride has arrived.  I think over land will be the fastest.  Not to mention you would hurt his feelings since he did enter the water to assuage your curiosity of what lurks beneath the water.”

The feline places the still wriggling creature on the shore at Ariethil’s feet.  Its scaley body writhes as it attempts to return to the water.  The 8 large tentacles move in an almost chaotic twirl.  Trying to bring the ‘meat it senses so close to its mouth.  This is a beak like protrusion just on the underside of its body.   Using a small portion of my power’s I am able to dry Nasar so that we may ride on his back more comfortably.

“Has your curiosity been met my friend?  The feline says his name is Nasar.  He wishes to know if he may return the ‘squiggly slimy thing’ back into its lake now?  He also says that it will not take as long to get to the High Citadel as you have figured.” Nasar starts a deep purring as he cleans his front paw and claws that had brought up the creature.

• Love 1

I press my head against Amaya's shoulder and laugh my bum off.  "My, thanks sweetling.  But, unless you want tentacle jerky that thing can go back in the water."  I reply Nasar's interesting remarks still chuckling at their obvious discomfort in holding the water creature.

I jump on Nasar's back before they move to return the oddity and ponder what the creature's weakness would be if jerky was requested. I smile at the memory of spicy squid jerky from our world.

There storm clouds rolling in from the north as I glance up at the sunbeams disappearance.   "That won't bode well if those ice mages found us already, Amaya.  Let's get out of here."

((I need to stop shifting character perspective from 1st  to third. Sorry guys.))

• Love 1

Nasar reaches back with one large paw and bats the creature back into the water. Once more cleaning the paw before he sets it on the ground and lays down so I may climb onto his back.  I settle behind his large head furry head.  I watch as the longer tufts of grey and black fur on the tips of his ears move in the gentle breeze.

“Hold on Ariethil.  This is going to be a fast trip.”

No sooner have the words left my mouth than Nasar takes off.  Shooting towards the general direction that Ariethil had motioned towards earlier.  Nasar’s larger gait gets us almost as fast as traveling on the winds would have.  This way isn’t any safer but at least this way we get to see the surrounding area’s and get a feel for what we are getting into.

To the left there is a vast wooded area.  Interspersed with some lakes and rivers.  Some have villages around them.  Others are devoid of any shelters made by a known civilization.  To the right the cliff face that we had emerged onto is connected to a large mountain range.  Most of the peaks are still covered in thick blanket of white snow.  While the shorter peaks have been taken over by the woods surrounding us.

Nasar brings us ever closer to the High Citadel.  As we go I continue to have a sense of foreboding.  As if this is a mission that the ‘Lord’ created specifically to get rid of us.  I mention to Nasar that we may want to find a secluded place that is outside of the cities shadow.  So as not to attract any unwanted attention.  Out course alters slightly to the right.  Aiming for a secluded valley that is just beyond the reach of the Citadel.

• Love 1

7 hours ago, Sabrana669 said:

“You and I my friend have very different ideas on what is amusing.

Consider a comma here.  :)  Otherwise, it's good.  I'm liking it.

7 hours ago, Sabrana669 said:

I still have some healing areas from the last time he attempted. 

Attempt what?  Or is this a speech pattern?

I alight on the ground before the dust settles from Nasar's  abrupt stop.   Light fills the woods ahead of our party.

"What'd I tell you, nothing to those Spellars.  Take out their shiny jewelry and they got nothin' on us. Our men will be lordin't ov'r th'm in no moons time! Hiccup!?" A thud sounds out closest to us.

Wrapping an aura of silence and sight around my form.   I call in my bladed staff and hand signal my companions to the hunt.  Creeping over the undergrowth by manipulating the air into a solid state I head towards the light and voice.   Spotting a standing oak like tree with purple leaves and red bark I air walk into it's branches to peer out over the camp beneath me.  Magiraizers lay or sit sprawled around a bonfire.  Two guards one stationary,  the other on patrol don't seem to be any sober than their brethern which number at least ten.

The wind shifts and a metallic copper tang feels my sense.   Looking closer at the bodies from above their numbers become skewed, as I can't tell which of them are sleeping and which of them are already dead.  A very delicate aura probe tells me that weaker aura users are mixed with the living.   Considering the village was just over the hill it wasn't hard to guess where the bodies came from.   

I send a thought to my buddy using the slightest amount a basic palor aura to focus it to her mind alone.  *I want them dead and our brethren buried properly.   Join for this me, Hunt Sister?*  I shift my body to hide behind the trunk of the tree and begin to send my burning blue aura into the land before calling on the shadows to lengthen around this camp.   I wait for Amaya's reply careful to keep the aura channeling to a minimum in case these Magiraizers have an ally.

• 3 weeks later...

I shift towards where Ariethil moved towards.  I keep a light contact with her.  Making sure that it would not be noticed either by her or any others in the area.  As soon as I feel her emotions spike I enter the shadow's.  Briefly, I look out into the area that she has discovered and agree with her.  Those that committed these atrocities must pay.  The guard that is on patrol falls onto the ground making no noise as his heart stops beating.  His entire presence seems to disappear.  A small bottle hanging inside my cloak starts to glow a faint yellow as his essence fills it.  He now belongs to me.  His sleeping friend is close behind him.  His essence fills a second jar and glows a faint grey.

"After you Ari.  I have taken care of the two guards.  Let me know if you need more help.  I will start to prepare a pyre for our brethren."

Taking the two guards with me I go back towards the clearing that we have now claimed as our base of operations.  There is a very large cave here that will hide the pyre nicely.  I arrange for some of the rock to clear, making a make shift vent for the cave.  This will allow the smoke to leave the cave and be glamored so no one will be able to see it.  I begin to assemble the pyre with fallen trees from our valley and and once the task is complete I return to Ari and see what she is doing with the camp.