Songs

Timberwolf

This isn't the What are you listening to now, Spyder?  

What I would like to know is this.  I'd like you to take a band that when you first heard them, but then you heard one of their songs and you were just hooked.  You can share the video or the audio file or whatever.  

I'll start it out with the band Disturbed.  When I first heard them, I like them, but I didn't think they were anything that just blew my hair back.  They had some great songs like Down with the Sickness, which I liked, and was really good.  Then on their Immortalized album, which came out in 2015, had a cover of a song that I've always loved, and this cover version just blew me away!

That song is Sound of Silence and here it is.

What are you thoughts on this?  What are songs that made you fall for a band?  Let me know.

So, this song doesn't adhere strictly to the idea of being a song by a band I had heard before that either blew me away or changed my opinion on them, mostly because I couldn't think of any songs that fell into that category. That requires its own conversation on first impressions of music and whether or not those can be overcome, but I digress. 

The song is Face Down, by White Lung. I came upon this band completely by accident, skimming through an article about music to check out on the old sports and pop culture website Grantland. The video was in the article, among others. If the description caught my attention I'd see if the sound appealed to me, something I can usually determine pretty quickly (again, requiring a conversation about first impressions).  So the description of the band is, to paraphrase, feminist punk, and that catches my attention enough to get a listen. Within thirty seconds I am hooked, within an hour I have listened to that entire album and I am now an avid fan of the band. The guitar is amazing, the lyrics and vocals fierce and the drums pound like crazy. And I might never have heard any of it if I hadn't happened onto a random video posted in an article I was skimming through.

Edited by Spyder