School.

fox

I know @Dulcet was a student and maybe is again - yes? How's that going, Dulcet?

Anyone else? Who's taking classes? 

My eldest is now in regular school, which is daunting and weird and lovely and beautiful and exciting and pride-inspiring.

And I'm taking a class again this semester, a 400-level Social Work class with MAYBE designs on applying for grad school in the next 50 years or so. 

Talk to me about school. I love school. I work as a student advisor (now) in post-secondary and it's goddamn dreamy. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON. ^_^ 

Edited by fox
I can't spell....
  • Haha 1

Words cannot describe my happiness right now. I’ll be starting grad school in October to pursue data analytics. I’ve been in school since 2004. It’s kinda my favorite topic. 

I recently completed my bachelors in IT. Student advisers are why. So much props to you for taking on that role. Seriously, you’re awesome. I’m a bit nervous going into grad school as this time I actually have to get one of those gigs that actually pays money. But data science is hot so I’m not too worried. But I can say being an online student gets lonely. Lots of people hate communicating so group projects suck. @fox is your school online or brick and mortar? 

Edited by Dulcet
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

It’s online at Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU). I would go brick and mortar but most data science programs are online and those around here that have it aren’t well established. I got to peek inside my classroom this week and I’m excited. I’ll soon be able to fiddle with datasets and I’ll post stuff here and on my site. 

I bought a domain but it’s under construction now but when I have stuff to post I’ll probably duo-post it here as well via blog. 

My first two grad classes are Project Management and Foundations of Data. I’m nervous because I tested out of stats and the basic IT crap since my undergrad was in IT. So far the people posting have at least a decade of industry experience. But I’ll be ok. I prepped pretty well these last few months. 

I wish you luck @fox in your graduate endeavor. 

• Love 1