Star Trek

Ren

I'm just such a freaking Trekkie! I litteraly grew up on the Original show...yes I can name all  72 episodes or can tell you what is going to happen..lol

TNG is great..DS9..SUCKED...Voyager Love it...now watching Discovery...seriously...NOT impressed

The movies...bepending on which one..eh... Wrath of Khan BEST!!! The Movie..gag me with a spoon...ahahhaa 

I can have this discussion all day long. :)

• Haha 1

Personally I'm more star wars then trek for little nitpicky reasons but I did enjoy TNG, DS9 till it was all Sisko this Sisko that, and BOY was great. Never watched enterprise yet but I did enjoy some of the original movies (2, 3, and 4 I think. The one with the whales).

But I love the new movies.

• Love 2

I love Star Trek!

The Original series is okay.  I love TNG.  DS9, meh.  Voyager wasn't bad.  I didn't care for Enterprise all that much.  I like about half of the Original movies.  I like the new movies, but I almost don't consider them Star Trek movies.  I haven't seen Discovery yet, but I'm very prepared to be underwhelmed.

• Love 2

Watched the first two episodes of Discovery. I wasn't exactly blown away, but I think I will end up watching more of it. DS9 was my favorite Trek, so I'm all for a more gritty series, which is what this looks like it's going to be. It definitely has a different feel, though. Much closer to the Battlestar Galactica reboot than earlier Trek series, but that shouldn't be surprising. BSG had a huge impact.

• Love 1

On 9/25/2017 at 2:40 AM, Rapture said:

Personally I'm more star wars then trek for little nitpicky reasons but I did enjoy TNG, DS9 till it was all Sisko this Sisko that, and BOY was great. Never watched enterprise yet but I did enjoy some of the original movies (2, 3, and 4 I think. The one with the whales).

But I love the new movies.

Those are some of the best movies and yes I think its 4 that has the Whales. 

1 minute ago, Ren said:

??What was appeling in DS9.. I just couldn't get into it. ! 

The part I enjoyed about ds9 was the dominion war. Starfleet FINALLY pulled their collective heads from asses and built warships. The Defiant-class is one of the best star trek designs and one of the few that doesn't make me cringe.

3 hours ago, Ren said:

I guess Rapture, I only watche a couple episodes [of DS9] and was just not impressed. I may have to rewatch it now. 

It definitely has a slow start. I don't think the war even truly starts until the fifth season or thereabouts, so until then you have to like the grittier, frontier-like nature of the station. I'll admit it does feel more like Trek when they get the Defiant and they have episodes where they actually start going out.

What I loved about the series is the political intrigue, which I adore in fiction, and the series did it as well as I've seen it done in sci-fi. I also really liked the characters--Garak might be my all-time favorite Trek character (again, going back to the intrigue), and I'm a fan of Dax. Many of the antagonists were kinda meh, though.