What are you reading at the moment?

hirondelle

I mean, i don't know that any of them will necessarily have the same impact that the original three had, but The Invisible Ring was good, and has few tie-in's with the main three. Tangled Web... I read it and enjoyed it as part of the world, but honestly, nothing really stood out about it or the story there.  Dreams Made Flesh I actually really love. It's a collection of four stories, one dealing with Saetan's past, one that reads more like mythology and the beginning of the Blood. Of the two longer stories, one deals with how Lucivar met Marion, and the other is Daemon and Jaenelle after the original trilogy. Twilight's Dawn is another collection of stories, but i've only read it once, so I'd need to read them again to refresh my memory.

The Shadow Queen and Shalador's Lady are both excellent,

Her other series are really enjoyable, if you wanted to venture outside the Black Jewels realm. Tir Alainn trilogy is particular favorite, and I've been enjoying The Others as well. The first two Ephemera books, Sebastian and Belladonna are great, but I couldn't get into the other one, Bridge of Desires.

• Like 1

They leave us hanging off a cliff waiting for more!

12 Kingdoms (Translation) Juuni Kokki

Juuni Kokki

A more in depth site for the 12 Kingdoms

I love the Anime but the books give more detail and shows more feelings internal and external.  I really love how this young woman faces herself in various ways that constantly bring her out of her shell and comfort zone into she comes into her own of her own accord and runs with it.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2017 at 3:34 AM, Timberwolf said:

I loved when an R.A. Salvatore book was read by Iced-T.  that was pretty cool. xD 

My husband was just telling me last night about a podcast he was listening to that interviewed Iced-T.  He recorded the audio for a World of Warcraft fanfiction book, and he said it was the hardest thing he's ever done!  He said there were words in there that had no business being written :roffles:  He thought it would be easy money and only take him a day... it took him like a week!

• Haha 2

I just realized that I posted three quotes in a row and I should've just done the multi-quote thing..... O.o

Can you tell I'm a little rusty on the whole message board thing?

Oh, and I am reading Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch and also just started The Unwanteds by Lisa McMann (it's YA but my son wanted me to read it before he did 9_9)

Edited by fantasymom
  • Haha 1

On 9/30/2017 at 3:23 AM, Redly said:

I just finished the second part of the Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss. I enjoyed those immensely and am rather peeved that he’s done what some other unmentionable bloody fantasy authors have done and spent YEARS writing the final book! Ugh! 

Yeah, I read this a few years ago and it's driving me nuts. Between him and Martin I'm starting to think I shouldn't start reading series that aren't already finished. That first book was so great--I love the idea of magic schools, and the only other book I've read that has it is, of course, Stone of Tears. Problem is that was mostly complaining and defiance on the student's part. :P

3 hours ago, fantasymom said:

My husband was just telling me last night about a podcast he was listening to that interviewed Iced-T.  He recorded the audio for a World of Warcraft fanfiction book, and he said it was the hardest thing he's ever done!  He said there were words in there that had no business being written :roffles:  He thought it would be easy money and only take him a day... it took him like a week!

That's an interesting voice for book audio. Blizzard just put a pretty good audio drama recently for Warcraft, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

Yeah, I read this a few years ago and it's driving me nuts. Between him and Martin I'm starting to think I shouldn't start reading series that aren't already finished. That first book was so great--I love the idea of magic schools, and the only other book I've read that has it is, of course, Stone of Tears. Problem is that was mostly complaining and defiance on the student's part. :P

Ha, yeah I've come to the same conclusion! I'm so fortunate, I've just started listening/reading a trilogy I started a few years back. I was waiting an extra year for the third book but it came out and I have all of them now, ready to be re-read and read. Cannot wait! 

Oooh - the Sevenwaters Series???  I loved that... although it was a long time ago I read it.........

@fantasymom Yeah that one! Loved it. Struggling to finish the third one though. I think I got genre/author fatigue. Just needed something different! And less....... romantic. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, fantasymom said:

Oh, I'll have to look for that.  I didn't know he did more than one book.  He made the same comments about R.A. Salvatore's Drizzt Dourden 

17 hours ago, fantasymom said:

I just realized that I posted three quotes in a row and I should've just done the multi-quote thing..... O.o

Can you tell I'm a little rusty on the whole message board thing?

Oh, and I am reading Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch and also just started The Unwanteds by Lisa McMann (it's YA but my son wanted me to read it before he did 9_9)

LMAO, that's one way to get your post count up @fantasymom.  :roffles:

9 hours ago, Kethlia said:

@fantasymom Withiut spoilers in your opinion did the Hallows end well?

Yes, I thought it ended exactly how it needed to..... I just miss the characters,,,,

5 hours ago, Timberwolf said:

Oh, I'll have to look for that.  I didn't know he did more than one book.  He made the same comments about R.A. Salvatore's Drizzt Dourden 

LMAO, that's one way to get your post count up @fantasymom.  :roffles:

True.... but that would be cheating, right? :/

Edited by fantasymom

Luckily, since Harry Potter ended and Wheel of Time ended, I haven't had the issue of having to wait and wait for the next book in a series to come out. 

It's been long enough that i think i'll pick up The Farseer Trilogy again soon, if i end up putting Eye of the World aside...again. >.>

• Like 2