What are you reading at the moment?

hirondelle

On 07/10/2017 at 3:39 AM, Timberwolf said:I’m rereading Shadow’s Edge (Book 2 of the Night Angel trilogy) by Brent Weeks. I don’t know what it is about this series, but I just love it  @Squarepeg likes Weeks.  I can't read him.  I tried.  Ended up crying and shaking in a corner, needing to be extra-medicated.  He treats his characters as if he, Weeks, is Life, and he tortures them and wrecks and destroys them, as life does to us. He's an excellent writer. But, he's a fucking bastard. That 'The Magic and the Healing' book sounds intriguing. I dig stories that bring together science and magic, like music does. At the moment, I'm reading Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Songmistress said:

he tortures them and wrecks and destroys them, as life does to us

He does do this, but I feel that it gives his characters something special when they are able to work these things and they are stronger after.  Just my opinion though.  I can totally understand why you can't read him @Songmistress.

2 minutes ago, Songmistress said:

Uh, don't know what fubared that post.... the coding didn't work at all...... I don't know how to fix it. I have the dumb.

I was doing something with the toolbar in the Admin CP, that might have messed up the coding.  Sorry about that.  

• Haha 1

On 10/9/2017 at 4:24 AM, Songmistress said:

He treats his characters as if he, Weeks, is Life, and he tortures them and wrecks and destroys them, as life does to us. He's an excellent writer. But, he's a fucking bastard.

This is how i feel about Robin Hobb and the Farseer world. I have to space out my rereads because NOTHING good happens to the characters. 

NOTHING.

As far as I've read in this world, there are no happy endings. So I'll look at it and think, "am i really ready for this again?"

• Like 2

Bone box, it reminds me of Dan Browns books, though i feel Dan Brown is the better writer. Kinda dragging on but the concept is interesting. In short a box is found containing scrolls written by Jesus and an disciple and bones. People try to stop it from coming to light because the contents are controversal. So fights, death, betrayal, an odd self torturing character (just like in dan brown's book lol)  

• Like 1