I hit my goal!

Kenai

Two years ago I was fat.  5 foot 2 and 190 pounds fat.  

I hit my weight goal of 125 last week.  I haven't hit that weight again since, I'm still bouncing between that and 128, but eventually I'll figure out this maintaining business. 

I didn't do any special diets or anything.  I mainly just cut the amount of calories I was eating until I matched actual serving sizes on the food.  I also cut out soda, eating out a lot, and easy to make meals.  (aka frozen foods).

I feel so much better after, and the amount of energy I have seems insane to me.  I guess I just felt like bragging a little.

• Love 7

It definitely wasn't easy.  I still miss eating.  Well, I still obviously eat, but no where near as much as I used to. 

I very much agree with whoever first said that food addiction recovery is in some ways worse than drug/alchohol recovery.  Someone recovering from drugs can walk away from their addiction and avoid it as long as they want.  A food addict has to face their addiction head on three times a day.

Keep up the awesome progress lovely.  It really does come to portions.  I use to use only what was recommended and biked regularly along with tennis and got down to 165 but after a stressful three months on birth control and at work I went up in weight and have hit a plateau between 212 to 207.  Not sure why my weight shifts so much besides decreasing my intake of water drops me.  So, good going on your success and I hope for many more.  I am trying to reign in my bored eating and impulse eating too.

I only used it for three months. Not only did I hit 180 and I also become a very argumentative, quick fuse and aggressive person.  It's about the time I found out my skill with words can be used for harm emotionally, mentally and well verbal abuse.

I haven't touched the stuff since 2010. Just in case the brand I used was Genessa(sp?)

But, the current weight that's i am at is mostly due to inactivity.  Wake up, eat, go to work, (stand for 4+) stand to long and pain in my hip kicks in or at different spots around my hip area, push through it get off work mode and sometimes limp out.  Laying or sitting down or even standing over a five day work week sometimes brings the pain to a head. This leads me to be inactive until the pain ease. Eat late and rinse and repeat. Water intake is only when my muscles won't relax or I get a muscle tension dehydration headache.

I just need to take better care of myself.

Edited by Kethlia

On 9/30/2017 at 7:57 PM, Kenai said:

It definitely wasn't easy.  I still miss eating.  Well, I still obviously eat, but no where near as much as I used to. 

I very much agree with whoever first said that food addiction recovery is in some ways worse than drug/alchohol recovery.  Someone recovering from drugs can walk away from their addiction and avoid it as long as they want.  A food addict has to face their addiction head on three times a day.

This is actually a false statement. People who are addicted to whatever, struggle with it. No addiction is easier or worse than the other. I’ve had friends who’ve struggled with drugs, I’ve had friends who’ve struggled with alcohol, I’ve had friends who’ve struggled with smoking, I’ve had friends who’ve struggled with different addiction, and the all say the same thing. The struggle is real and hard for each individual that struggles with their addiction. If you’re a drug addict, you have people that give it to you, that sell it to you, and you have secret stashes, so it’s still everywhere. 

No matter the addiction, you need to find something good to put in place of that addiction.one of my idols, who is a recovering drug and alcohol addict has replaced his addiction with photography, and he can take some amazing pictures. 

I’m not trying to take anything away from you @Kenai, I’m just saying addiction is addiction and it’s all hard. It’s so awesome that you have gotten yours under control. I can’t even begin to fathom what it’s been like for you. All I know is what people have told me and what I’ve read about it. I don’t know the feelings. 

Keep up the amazing work!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kenai said:

aww so mushy. *shuffles foot in embarrassment*

Well since you started the mush, I might as well finish it.  You're the one who inspired me to start, and kept me going with your own amazing progress.  :)

Aww,  I luvs you! I'm glad my journey has helped you.  *hugs* now more stairs! Lol

• Love 1