The palace of Light and Dark

Aliea

~he grabs her hand slowly and somewhat reluctantly knowing what she would feel now. The slight essence of dark inside him, that was not there before, his connection restored to his “brother” has made him this way. The peace he had after it was severed its is now a small storm brewing inside him.  Even though he was once whole he now despises that side of him. He knows that for there to be light there must be darkness but that doesn’t stop him from feeling the way he does.~

You have been so kind to me without even knowing who or what I am. I really appreciate this but we must hurry I do not wish to be here when he arrives. I would hate for anyone to be hurt because of me.

~a sudden rush of energies flowing through him as the connection is restablished.~

HOW!?

~The burning flame inside him of hatred reignites. His dark red eyes glow and he screams in mid air~

I WILL DESTROY YOU!!!! 

~he turns rapidly flapping his bat like wings and head in the direction of his “brother”. His hand grips the crimson sword’s pummel and he squeezes it until his knuckles are white. Drawing power from it to help him get there faster. Get there to destroy the light. Get there to finally be rid of him! The uniting of the swords will have to wait~

Feeling the change in Hawk as he took her hand she closed her eyes and allowed him to feel what her own powers felt like. The light was strong in her, it was vast, unending reaching out to a million worlds, to billion lives. She had built so much in her time, had given life to so many that it sustained her in a way nothing else could. But then came the darkness, the death and destruction that came with being one with Liea, she who grew from death that lived on pain and the taste of blood. Her darkness was as vast as the light and just as unending. They were two sides of a coin and one can not be with out the other.

"You need not feel shame out of what you are. Creation and Chaos saw it fit to have both in equal measure, that is were Liea and I come in, we keep the balance as much as possible."

Light wraps around them both once again as she takes him to her tower.

Once there she waves a hand cause ever single window to open, the breeze kicking up the white gauze curtains. The sun streamed in adding a soft tone to the harsh white. The ceiling was vast, adding to the grandeur of the room and get the whole thing was simple, with a meditation rug covered in soft cushions in the centre of the floor.

"Here is were you will find yourself. None can disturb us while you are here, not even your brother will find you here as long as I stay in these walls."

Edited by Aliea

The fabric of space and time seem to warp above the flagstones before the Palace of Light and Dark, a fluctuation barely perceptible in the air, as if a faint, localized heat wave.  Time, also, seems to fluctuate in the area; motes of dust and insects seeming to speed up and slow down at random intervals.  The distortion intensifies momentarily and a figure appears.  In that instant the effect is gone.

The figure left standing there is tall, thin, and clothed in a dark long coat with a hood obscuring its face.

The figure looks around, taking in the palace and the surroundings.

It takes a breath.  Well, I suppose this is the place.

/ she watches the door open and a young woman entered / she is so striking, so familiar - do I know her? / followed closely by a young man / she suddenly feel so vulnerable, so very out of her depth / 

/ the young man says her name /

I am her then. That is the second time... 

/ a sense of overwhelming evil fills her and she almost cries out / breathe / instead she snarls and closes her eyes to compose herself /

/ she opens them once again a queen /

I need to bathe and cannot abide the touch of my clothes, could you...

/ the strangely familiar young woman open some doors and there is the bathing room /

Ah yes, exactly... and a change of clothes if it's not too much... trouble. 

Rapture shrugs none had needed his words so he wouldn't waste his breath. He stepped far enough away to give himself some room then formed a pair of black wings, constructing them atom by atom. The process taking seconds if that. Once done he tested them a bit before taking to the sky intending to get a good view of the palace.

Upon seeing Hiro, he knew what was need and headed straight to the bathroom leaving the two women alone.

As he ran a hot bath he let his eyes close, Hiro was in a way his queen, she rules the underworld, had control over demons and so part of him belonged to her. But there was something off with her, something was missing, he just didn't know what.

Once the bath was done he walked back to the room.

"I've ran you a bath my lady." He bowed slightly. "As for clothing, I am sure Liea will allow you to wear what ever you wish from her personal collection."

He watched Alana as she moved to a wardrobe and opened it up to show a collection of clothing.

"She has everything in here." Pulling out a dress in a midnight blue colour trimmed in silver she smiled. "This would look amazing on you."

Watching her sister leave she went to talk to the woman when something caught her attention. Another had arrived.

"Selena, look after our guest a moment, I shall return." As she stood she looked up at Rapture. She needed to make sure he was okay, but this newcomer felt unlike anything she had felt before.

Walking towards the gates she opened them with a thought then stopped at seeing the hooded figure.

"Welcome." 

"Am I, truly?"  The figure looks down at itself, seeming to do a thorough inspection, and nods.  "It seems I am."  Then, the hooded head cocks ever so slightly.  "Ah, a greeting.  You must forgive me, I have been …" the figure seems to glance around it's surroundings, "elsewhere for a very long time.  Then I was sent here."

The voice emanating from within the hood is difficult nail down.  It seems to shift subtly with each word, resonating oddly.  "Could you tell me, please, where is here?"

Listening to him she sighed, what was going on? Why were all these people showing up seeming not to know who they were or where they were, it was becoming frustrating.

*Aliea, another has arrived.*

*Does he know who he is?*

"You are on my world, this is the Palace, my home. And you are?"

Edited by Aliea

~as she lets him feel the light and it’s vastness a fleeting memory of a long ago battle, once he feels the change to darkness he feels it flowing through him and through his link to his brother. The moment of darkness was so short yet a fresh set of small fangs can be seen in his mouth were they were none before. His eyes darkened some more. He tries to talk but is at a loss of words from the vastness of the light. As the light engulfs then he remembers where he is and what he must do. Determination on his face as the phase out and back in to the meditation room. He smiles at her softly~

thank you my lady this will do just fine.

The hood shifts as if the head is being cocked to the side in confusion, then it nods.  "Of course," the strange voice says, "the niceties of social interactions.  You may call me ..."  There is a long, drawn out pause, as if the figure is searching deep within itself for something.  "Dazen.  You may call me Dazen.  I was instructed to ... to carry something to ... a place."  The figure looks up at the woman.  "Is this the place?"

Toeing off her shoes she lifted the skirt of her dress slightly as she took his hand and stepped over some of the cushions before lowering herself down onto one across from Moonhawk.

Looking up she pushed her hair back so it fell straight down her back, the tips of it brushing the cushions behind her.

"Thank you. As for what is happening I am simply concerned, your change is so fast."

"Dazen." She repeated his name, but she felt no power behind it as though it was simply a choose name rather than his true one, but she didn't push for anything.

"I am Liea. As for being in the right place, I am unable to answer that. But that being said you are here so it is possible you are. What is it you need to deliver?"

"Liea?  No, I don't recognize that name."  The being says to itself.  The hood shakes, as if the being were trying, and failing, to dredge something from the depths of it's memory.  It extends a gloved hand to her, muttering under it's breath, "Must remember the niceties."  Then, to her, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Liea.  I'm sorry, but I can't remember what it was I was meant to deliver.  The transition has been ... difficult.  I must have been away far longer than I thought."

She was getting so frustrated with the people coming here not being able to give a straight answer.

"If you don't know what it was you were to deliver how do you know have something?"

She rolled her eyes at her own words, she was sounding as crazy as everyone else.

"Oh...were you looking for Aliea, my sister?"

~he closes his eyes and begins talking in a soft tone~

In the beggining there was darkness just a vast an empty darkness. Then the powers that be created the light. Created the countless realms and realities. To each of these realities a guardian or guardians were assigned to keep the balance within the dark and the light. One of these guardians was a Seraphim called Luna or Seleno. In the native toungue of the angels it can’t be pronounced with our language now but in short Moon. These guardians were given a sword. Mine was called “Destiny”. Which carried the light and power of creation and also the power of destruction if necessary.

Moon was me. I was Luna. I guarded the realm, I kept the balance and one day I failed to see that evil lurked in the minds of men. I failed to see the destruction that was going to happen. I let the balance be tipped to the darkness. For this I was cast out to live as a creature not of the light or of the dark but a creature stuck in between. My golden hair was turned red. My pale eyes turned blue and my white skin to gray. My six wings were changed to just two and their fire like color to gray. My powers were dimished and left as an archangel that had no home and no purpose. I loved centuries alone and a few others studying nature and mankind. As the time passed a darkness grew inside me. No longer part of the light the darkness grew in me. One day I found two realms that each suited my different sides. One of light ruled by a Seraphim and one of dark ruled by a goddess. Both were at war constantly yet at one point they felt the same. At that very instant something inside me shattered and I was divided into two beings. One of Light and one of Dark. Still connected but separate. Destiny also split into two halves. One with the power of destruction and one with the power of creation. Our connection is what keeps some of the dark in me and some of the light in him. Since it has happened my dark side’s, which I call my brother, hatred for me has grown. He can not stand the light that is still connected to him through me and he has aimed to destroy me. In our last battle above your realms he got the best of me, took my wing and managed to knock me unconscious. I woke up to your beautiful face without my sword and one of my wings missing. He is in search of me to finally destroy the light in him so he can finally merge the two swords and begin to tip the scales again.

~he begins to reach for the light forces around him to reignite the light in him. He squeezes her hand gently~

I thank you my lady for your hospitality and your help but the last thing I want is for you to be caught in the middle of my fight. So I have to hurry and get prepared for what is to come.

• Like 1

The being hears the frustration in her voice, a mirror to it's own frustration.  It considers the new name a moment.

"That name is unfamiliar as well."  It's head hangs in resignation.  "Forgive me, this crossing was ... difficult.  My memories of before are ... jumbled.  In time they may become less confused."

• Like 1

Listening to his story she felt her connection with him grow, he truly was like her. Born as one, separated to two, constantly at war. She and Liea now had peace between them, a vision of what needed to be done to keep the balance and they worked together to hold the fragail balance. After all where there were shadows there had to be light.

"Destroying the light will ultimately destroy the dark, as one can not exist without the other, all we can do is hold the balance. But something has happened, something I can not see, it is like the light and dark no longer matter because something else is coming, something we can not fight alone."

She frowned at her own words. Looking down at their joined hands she felt the light around them, here it was strong because here was where it was born, but it was dimming and only those truly part of the light would see it.

"We need to stop fighting with the dark, they are already affected, made evident by the Goddess Hirondelle being here with no memory of herself and her realm vanished. You can not fight your brother, because we need him, he is still strong with the darkness and we need that. I don't know why, please don't ask me to explain. But something is coming and it will destroy us all if we don't work together." 

Stepping closer she tried to see Dazen face within the hood of coat. "What will help you remember?"

The being doesn't discourage her as she nears, trying to get a better look at the face within the hood.  The darkness is absolute, though upon closer inspection it appears as if the darkness isn't darkness at all.  Looking closely, very closely, she can see distortions, warping, fractures, and vibrations; as if the fabric of space and time has been shattered and the darkness is merely a result.  But there is no face.  In fact, upon reflection, the being is showing no flesh whatsoever.

"Time may repair what has been damaged, perhaps.  I know of nothing else."

There is a pause, as if the creature is considering something.  "Forgive the presumption, but might I impose upon your hospitality for a time?  It has been such a terribly long time since I was last in such a realm."

~a light humming could be heard around the room as it seems to be getting brighter. Pillows and lamps begin to float and light begins to engulf him. Just sparkles at first then a blinding brightness. He opens his mouth to scream but no sound comes out. His damaged wing begins to grow out. All of the traits caused by the darkness are now vanished. His wounds are healed internal and external. Where there was just a bone perusing out of his back now there is a beautiful white feathered wing to match his other. He feels an explosion inside him of power like a thousand suns burning. The connection repaired he smiles and tears run down his face. The light begins to fade and he begins to open his eyes~

Thank you for this I feel a thousand years younger.

~at the mention of the goddess name his eyes snap all the way open and he stands up quickly looking around. With an icy tone he says~

where is Hirondelle?

Edited by Moonhawk

• 2 weeks later...

"Of course you may. The palace is a haven after all to any who need It." She felt a slight sense of uneasy she just wished she knew why. "Come, we have rooms aplenty if you simply seek rest or we have places to seek guidance if that is what you wish."

"Hiro is a guest here, but she is also family." Standing her eyes narrow as she steps closer to Moonhawk. "Here no one can be harmed, to do so is to break the one rule I uphold more than any." 

The light in the room intensified a moment, so much so it almost became blinding before she regained herself. 

"I need you to trust in your safety here just as everyone else does. You are safe Hawk. After all from what you have told me, Hiro is the least of your problems."

Edited by Aliea

-A portal silently, slowly, opens somewhere surrounded by trees. A figure with torn robes is thrown violently from it, impacting several of the wooden obstacles. With each collision, a clear sheen shatters free from his body to soak into the ground. The rupture fades as silently as it formed.

Eventually, once he comes to a rest, his left arm lies limp, dislocated. Several relatively small injuries slowly ooze blood, including one on the side of his head. His good hand remains clamped on the hilt of his weapon.-

As she waited for Hawk to answer she felt the disruption of another arriving. Turning slightly she looked towards one of the open windows before closing her eyes and sent out a part of herself to see what was happening. Once done she returned her attention back to Hawk.

Moving quickly she searched out the newcomer, her search only lasting a few minutes because as she got closer she recognises the feeling of being close to one she knew well.

Appearing in the woods next to the fallen man she knelt and reached out.

"Red?"