What's Your Diagnosis (if you have one)?

Songmistress

I don't have an actual prognosis but I have noticed psychological baggage when it came to intimacy in my relationship. I couldn't stand the thought of another's touch much less my own unless my mind is gone.  I've learned to accept that it's not evil nor took for anger to use. But, it's baggage from the aftermath a two divorces that shatter my world as a child.  Sex was used in anger and that too lead to a psychological mind blank or tear filled fear when I do encounter anger in any form. It's a mental battle to stay calm and not lose my composure or break into body shaking tears when anger fills a room.  Thankfully those were only around family members who when they saw what was happening backed off from their fights with each other.  In these past two years I have taken small steps to keep myself braced and steady  when raised voices and passionate oppinions are stated. Enough so that's I can still talk through the situation with my wits about me.

Life and time have revealed these things without a doctor. And I have had my fill of psychologists as a kid of divorced parents.  They were good for mind games and learning how to derail topics.