Charity work

Redly

Myself and several work colleagues held a cake sale yesterday and raised over £400 in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support charity, who do a lot of work with sufferers but also with families of cancer sufferers. 

We had an absolutely awesome time doing it and fleecing people with all their spare cash, but it is so nice to do it all for an amazing cause. I wanted to break £400 this year, and didn't think we had. But we counted today and smashed it. So chuffed! :D

• Love 3

On 27/09/2017 at 11:51 PM, Ren said:

Does giving blood count?? That's about the most I do for now. Between work and trying to make extra money doing a flea market and stuff I just don't seem to have time for much else. 

Of course! I don’t give blood so I admire you. I’m actually under the weight parameters so I haven’t been able to. And the idea of giving blood and it making me vomit absolutely terrifies me, truth be told. Ever since a friend told me she was sick and passed out, I’ve never gone. 

I really should face that fear. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Redly said:

Thank you. I must say, I can't take the credit for the best ones. They were courtesy of my office's start baker. She baked about three million cakes. And a rainbow cake that was completely epic. 

Pics? :D 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, fox said:

OMG! Those are amazing. That candy cake! WOW. Outstanding work. (And thank you for sharing the pictures! I appreciate that you took the time to crop them so I could drool! ;) )

Man. What a great idea. ^_^ 

Ha ha you’re welcome! I love to share. Kyleigh, said star baker, is pretty amazing. The candy cake was phenomenal. 

Its good fun. The charity do a coffee morning every year as their drive to raise a shit load of money, but we choose to sell cake instead. It works out so well, especially being in a training school - there’s always hungry students either going to or returning from a muddy field. 

• Love 2

58 minutes ago, Redly said:

Ha ha you’re welcome! I love to share. Kyleigh, said star baker, is pretty amazing. The candy cake was phenomenal. 

Its good fun. The charity do a coffee morning every year as their drive to raise a shit load of money, but we choose to sell cake instead. It works out so well, especially being in a training school - there’s always hungry students either going to or returning from a muddy field. 

...and it works beautifully with coffee. :D

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Thank you @Aliea. It's always so nice and people were so damned generous, it floored me. I'm absolutely certain we didn't sell as much as last year and yet we raised more. I think because people were literally chucking £20 notes at us, for a £1 slice of cake and telling us to keep the change. People were so generous. I think it has touched so many people's lives. 

Ha sorry @Kethlia. I took away a fair bit (after purchasing it properly) including a Toblerone cheesecake which is literally to die for (I am not exaggerating) and a triple tiered carrot cake. However, I don't think I can face cake for a loooooong time now. I could feel the sugar in them both! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1