Anxiety spike

Phoenix

Oh I can relate so well. It is like every aspect of you wants your attention and when you give into one the other starts screaming at you. It's like have hundreds of people shouting your name at the same time. All you want to do in the end is to curl up in a ball and just scream and scream till they just leave you alone.

At least that is how I feel when anxiety hits.

Today it is a full on huge dose of depression :(

On 9/27/2017 at 12:35 AM, Aliea said:

Oh I can relate so well. It is like every aspect of you wants your attention and when you give into one the other starts screaming at you. It's like have hundreds of people shouting your name at the same time. All you want to do in the end is to curl up in a ball and just scream and scream till they just leave you alone.

At least that is how I feel when anxiety hits.

Today it is a full on huge dose of depression :(

Yeah, and my brain is quite good at inventing people or putting familiar faces to those people screaming at me, inaudibly.

Looking back, it may actually have been the new hypertension meds. That day was the first time I've forgotten a dose. It's just one data point, but man, if that does happen when I miss a dose. That's going to be a hell of a withdrawal if I have to go off of them, and they probably will put me on something else since it's not getting my numbers down.

Edited by Phoenix

Yeah my depression kicked in over time the other day because I had missed two days of meds (money ran out!) So I am the same as you, already worrying about coming off them.

I'm here for you hun, we all are. Everyone here is amazing at listening and understanding so use us when you need to x x

• Thanks 1

I hope returning to the NL didn't exacerbate your anxiety @Phoenix.  I know sometimes there is a fine line between being excited or stimulated by novelty and then getting all 'thinky' about it.  The kind of thinky that turns into anxiety easily.  

Man I hate mental health issues.  I hate that so many of you guys suffer from these things.  I have anxiety issues too... but just light - it feels bad at the time but if I take care of myself it goes away.  Like it is an alarm to remind me not to neglect ME!  I am not bad enough to need meds or anything.  The world seems so messed up now, I think it is making ppl sick.  Love you both.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

No, coming back here hasn't been a problem. Well, maybe a little bit of anxiety. You know why. :ph34r: But it's helped to distract from my physical pain, which is my modus operandi right now.

I'm actually not terribly worried about the world at the moment. So much is out of my control so I let go of all that. Recent events have brought discourse on white privilege and, really, American privilege to the forefront, and I've reflected on how fortunate I am despite my health problems. It was looking like Congress may have put my medical coverage at risk for a while there, but we're probably in the clear now.