Book Club  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a book club?

• Yes
    • No

My plan is we all take turns recommending a book with possibly a download for the audio book and/or ebook for everybody. 

Give people say a month to read/listen to said book and then a week to discuss it. 

@Moonhawk, these ideas aren't set in stone, and I'm more than happy to discuss them with people to come up with a plan. :rainbow_dance:

2 hours ago, Songmistress said:

You lost me with 'e-book'. 

If I can't smell it, I don't read it.  xD

Book snob and proud.

1 hour ago, Ren said:

I'm with SM...I don't do e-books. Book snob...love it!

Think its a great idea. 

Thank you for your opinions.  I'm not saying you can't read the actual book.  I'm saying we are trying to keep costs down for everybody.  I can't afford to buy people books, and I can't expect people to buy the books as well.  If you want to buy the book instead, you are more than welcome to do so.

Also, I'm leaving the option to have the audio book as some people would prefer an audio book to an e-book.  I'm open to suggestion outside of myself or @hirondellebuying people books.  :D 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Lightningfall said:

I like it.  I'm in.  And I don't have a problem with e-books or audio books.  Plus I work at a library, so I can probably find the real thing too. :D

You have the best job ever...I always wanted to work in a library. :heartbeat:

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Redly said:

I'd totally love to. My only hesitation is that I have a massive heap of books already to read. If you can put those on the list to read, that would be awesome :D Lol! 

I should probably just commit :) 

That's the easy part. We could make you the first person and you get to decide the first book. Although, that would have to be a decision by everybody. :D 

• Love 1

On 9/27/2017 at 11:47 AM, Lightningfall said:

I like it.  I'm in.  And I don't have a problem with e-books or audio books.  Plus I work at a library, so I can probably find the real thing too. :D

@Lightningfall I must visit you now and get lost in the library with you near by as I read to my heart is content!

So we have also started a book club when I was in school and though it would be awesome to have the hard copy, digital copy or audio there is still another option.  We can browse through our local libraries to find a match to the one chosen. Now I only know how the system works in state so I don't know about my awesome international beloved finding the exact same book.  Unless we specifically focus on internationally acclaimed authors.

Charles De Lint The Wild Wood would be an example of whether we could find this author and book where ever we live.

• Love 1

What I suggest is this.

The person who's turn it is to suggest a books can post the title, author, isbn, (possibly a digital copy and an audio copy) of the book they want read.  This gives people the option to go get get the physical book, or download the the ebook or audio book and then we all have 1 month to read/listen to it, then we have 1 week to discuss it.  :D 

9 hours ago, Timberwolf said:

That's the easy part. We could make you the first person and you get to decide the first book. Although, that would have to be a decision by everybody. :D 

Ha ha! I’m fairly certain most of my books wouldn’t be favourable. Right now, they’re most self development books. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2