From The Northlands Forum
Well, The Northlands will be going through another upgrade here soon. Currently, we are running IP.Board 3.2.3, and they have over the past month or so upgraded to 3.3.0 to 3.3.1, and in not wanting to fall to far behind on things, I figured it would probably be best to upgrade.
The are a few reasons I waited in doing the upgrade.
- I wanted to wait until most or all of the skins upgraded to 3.3.
- I wanted to wait until the hooks and apps (the things that make NL fun) work in 3.3
- I wanted to test everything (like I should have done from the beginning, lol) and make sure I didn’t come across any bugs.
- Some of our great apps (Homes and Havens, NL Economy and Shoutbox) were going through a big upgrade.
- Our Menu System was going through a big upgrade
- Our Arcade was going through a big upgrade
Now all of these things have happened. There are a few down sides to this. Well, there is really one one down side that I can think of. One of our skins will be going away. I have contacted the developer to find out if they will be updating the skin, and they haven’t responded. Dark Worlds, Velvet Worlds, and Worlds In The Sky will all be coming back. Sadly, Mocha World won’t be coming back. At least not until the developer upgrades it to 3.3. I have tested each skin in 3.3 to see if they will work, and when I first did the upgrade, they worked but the menu was doubling up. Now the three mentioned have been upgrade and everything is working fine with them, but, like I said, Mocha World hasn’t updated, so that will be going away. An upside, Club will be eventually coming back. It has been upgrade to 3.3, and Shore and a few of the other skins are supposed to be coming back. As I know more about Club, Shore and the others, I’ll let you know.