Food woes.

fox

The great news is that I now have no ice cream left in my freezer to tempt me. 

The bad news is that this is due solely to the fact that I ate it. 

Not the whole container in one sitting. But still. I was doing REALLY well - and the ice cream is truly a drop in a fairly full bucket - and this makes me sad and disappointed. That makes me feel like shit. Then there's guilt and shame and self-loathing. ...and then all I want to do is eat more shit. Never fucking carrots and cucumbers. Always goddamn ice cream and chips.

UGH.

...but no more ice cream in the house. So there's that, I guess.

Tomorrow's another day, and all of that trite bullshit.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I had a bad day yesterday too. Something in the air maybe? xD Now I want ice cream.

What sucks is I've been good about keeping my binge foods out of the house, and I've been so depressed that I found something I don't normally binge on anyway. So not only did I get that same post-binge self-loathing, the gratification during the binge was like a 4 out of 10. It's like deciding to hook up with an ex and the sex turns out to be not nearly as good as you were hoping.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Phoenix said:

I had a bad day yesterday too. Something in the air maybe? xD Now I want ice cream.

What sucks is I've been good about keeping my binge foods out of the house, and I've been so depressed that I found something I don't normally binge on anyway. So not only did I get that same post-binge self-loathing, the gratification during the binge was like a 4 out of 10. It's like deciding to hook up with an ex and the sex turns out to be not nearly as good as you were hoping.

Stupid ex's 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I know one set of my parents are dehydrating their favorite fruits and veggies to supplement typical snacks. This is a possible option to switch the connection of ice cream to something that is natural sweetener and lovely tasting even though it may mean more work.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2017 at 8:40 AM, Kethlia said:

I know one set of my parents are dehydrating their favorite fruits and veggies to supplement typical snacks. This is a possible option to switch the connection of ice cream to something that is natural sweetener and lovely tasting even though it may mean more work.

I've actually been trying to do that with dried dates. I love them, they're SUPER sweet, and they're versatile. I actually have a baller recipe for date cocoa truffles that are outstanding. So. I should make some of those and let them stand in as dessert.

• Like 1

Nice cream (ice cream made from frozen bananas... there are recipes everywhere... is also a good ice cream alternative. Iahve nade it a couple of times and I loved over the it.  But although it cuts out dairy and processed nonsense the GI index is still high especially if you use very ripe bananas as is recommended. It depends on your reasons for cutting out ice creams as to whether it is a good alternative. But if you are simply trying to eat clean and healthy it is great.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hirondelle said:

Nice cream (ice cream made from frozen bananas... there are recipes everywhere... is also a good ice cream alternative. Iahve nade it a couple of times and I loved over the it.  But although it cuts out dairy and processed nonsense the GI index is still high especially if you use very ripe bananas as is recommended. It depends on your reasons for cutting out ice creams as to whether it is a good alternative. But if you are simply trying to eat clean and healthy it is great.

OH YES! Nice cream. I have done that and thoroughly enjoyed it! I love it with blueberries also. Or peanut butter. (Seriously. PB makes my life better.) I need to make another batch, I think! (My reasons for cutting legit ice cream are wholly health. Just because it's so much sugar and so unnecessary as often as I had it. Great treat, but not an all-the-time thing.)

• Like 1

Yeah @fox I understand completely. Before I did this low carb experiment I tried high carb for a while and that include a regular bowl of delicious nice cream. BUT i always had it for a meal, not as a snack. It is very healthy!  Btw, high carb worked fine for weight loss too but I couldn’t stick to it, because if the carb addiction... a false sense of hunger and cravings led to binging insanity.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, fox said:

Yes! Those are the ones I've used. ^_^ Suuuuuuuuuuper easy!

I just make it up... bananas vanilla, splash of coconut milk (because it is cheap and plentiful here - unlike almond milk) and whatever fruit I have available.  I like frozen mango best - but I have also just eaten it banana vanilla with swirls of almond butter or peanut butter.  So delicious.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, hirondelle said:

I just make it up... bananas vanilla, splash of coconut milk (because it is cheap and plentiful here - unlike almond milk) and whatever fruit I have available.  I like frozen mango best - but I have also just eaten it banana vanilla with swirls of almond butter or peanut butter.  So delicious.

Ohhhh. Mango would be outstanding. And coconut milk. Yes! Good call. ^_^ 

• Like 1
  • Love 1