Heart Surgery

Lightningfall

@hirondelle Well, the surgery was over a year ago and I'm doing quite well, thank you.

I'll get the whole story on here soon.  Time is at a premium right now, though.

I was lucky @Moonhawk, I wasn't unhealthy in most respects.  That's not to say that I didn't need to make a lot of changes, just that my poor habits weren't severe.  I do appreciate the concern.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, it's mostly dietary. Very, very little salt, I have to be careful with vitamin K. Most of it's preventative.  Since it was a defect, not something I did, the doctors just want to make sure that I get the most out of my new valve and that I won't have to have it replaced again anytime soon.

Oh!  And I'm highly discouraged from becoming a stunt driver.  I don't know if I'll ever get over that one.

Honestly, diet and exercise.  I have to take my meds but, other than that, I really don't have anything that isn't pretty easy.  Now I just wish I was a better cook, and that I actually liked to cook.  That would make all of this a breeze.

• Love 1