Christmas Plans

Dulcet

If you celebrate, how are you spending or not spending the holiday?

I'm spending Christmas Day with family I have not seen in over a decade. I used to spend many holidays with them as a kid, but was later disinvited to certain holidays by them. I was excited to get the invite, but they are not the side of my family I enjoy.

New Year's Eve I'll be going to my uncle's to have what we call Cousin Christmas. COVID has prevented it in previous years, but all the kids are vaccinated this year so it's back on and it should be fun!! it's the one day out of the year I look forward to because I get to see all my cousins and their kids, hence Cousin Christmas. 

• Love 1

He @Dulcet, sounds like some exciting Christmas plans.  

For us, we have somebody coming round for their first ever Christmas, and that should be exciting.  They are coming over on the 23rd, and then the 24th we are having Christmas dinner, which we have ordered in from our favorite restaurant, and exchanging presents.  The 25th, we are relaxing and eating leftovers.  😂🤣

For New Years, we are heading over to that friends house and spending New Years at their place.  ❤️ 

On 12/22/2022 at 10:01 AM, Moonhawk said:

24th we are spending it in our house my dad is coming over to cook for us and some friends are coming. 25th staying home to eat leftovers. 31st same as 24th but I am making smoked ribs

Oh!  How are you making them @Moonhawk?  I have some ribs that I need to do on my grill here soon.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2022 at 10:10 PM, Timberwolf said:

Oh!  How are you making them @Moonhawk?  I have some ribs that I need to do on my grill here soon.

3-2-1 method

after thawing them out i season them with fresh ground pepper, salt, garlic and herbs and I put them on the fridge for about 8 hours

i get the smoker up to 225 and I place them for 3 hours. When 3 hours are up the seasoning should have a nice crust on them. If not place back in for a little longer. -step 3.

once 3 hours done I put them in foil paper and use a stick of butter and apple cider vinegar to baste them. I close up the foil and I put them back in at the same temp for 2 hours. Step 2

once 2 hours are done I take them out raise temp to 350. I cover them in bbq sauce and I put them back in for one hour. Step 1

when done they fall off the bone tender.

A09F54C3-1F85-466C-BE23-DC9D73BDDB63.jpeg

• Love 1