College classes

Phoenix

Man, I started taking four classes and am I ever getting my ass kicked. Feels like I barely have enough time. I don't know if it's because I'm a better student than I used to be (read: not lazy anymore) or if the classes I took are especially heavy on workload.

Could also be a getting old thing. 😫

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep, finished up in mid-May. Next semester starts mid-August and then ramps up with three more classes in September. Actually don't know exactly what I'm taking yet in Fall term, hah. At least one more tech writing class and the next class in sequence of one of my web design classes.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/29/2023 at 10:55 AM, Phoenix said:

Yep, finished up in mid-May. Next semester starts mid-August and then ramps up with three more classes in September. Actually don't know exactly what I'm taking yet in Fall term, hah. At least one more tech writing class and the next class in sequence of one of my web design classes.

How are the classes going @Phoenix?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, thanks for asking.

So I actually still don't know what's going on with my certificate program. The coordinator for the program has pretty much ghosted me, I guess you could say? I've been trying to get a hold of him through other channels at the college for months now. I guess this is the drawback of having online classes, ugh.

Fortunately I do have one in-person class this term, one of the three coding classes I picked up. One's in PHP, another in JavaScript, and another is on various tools like Dreamweaver, Visual Studio, Bootstrap, Wordpress, all that stuff. Also am doing a freshman-level writing class I already don't like. 😅

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hah, different worlds, that. Though I do wonder if we'll do any A/V in the web tools class. It came up very briefly in the HTML/CSS classes I had last semester.

I *do* know how to make very simple audio and video edits but that's about it. One of my interviewers last year seemed very impressed by that (though not enough to get the job, apparently 🙄)

I’ve been toiling away at my Python Geoprocessing course which is the second to last class before I’m done.

I really do miss the simple html web stuff days but re-learning Python and applying it to GIS is not fun. I’m retaking this class because last year we had Hitler for a prof. (I’m being nice). Imagine turning in perfectly working code each week only to get it back with a bunch of red marks that made grammar Nazis seem like nuns. So the guy got fired.

This time I’m actually learning python for real and learning the debugging process as intended.

After this class I start my capstone.

oh btw, they’re shutting down my program so this is the last time the python will be offered. 

I’ll be done December 18.