What made you sad?

Kenai

Mom guilt.

Jarek (the spawn) started preschool this year.  His teacher called me and said "You're right, he needs speech therapy." He went completely non verbal the first two days of school.  Even at home, he talks at a two year old level mostly, and he's almost four. 

So after his preschool, the speech therapist meets with him.  She's actually recommended that he goes to the special needs preschool.  We start the paperwork for that at the end of the month.

I just feel so fucking guilty.  I have trouble talking.  I slur, and its difficult to form words.  I've tried my hardest with Jarek but I still have that voice in my head going "He's behind because you didn't talk enough. This is all your fault.  If only you had been better."

• Sad 1

Yesterday was a pretty shitty day at large, and while I don't think I'm directly affected by such things, it probably doesn't help my depressive episode. I do put a little stock into the concept of a global consciousness after all.

Just a small note here since there was reaction to the media coverage--the coverage might have been a bit unusual as there was already a lot of out-of-town media around for OJ Simpson's parole. Competition tends make media coverage here less, well, ethical.

• Sad 1

And also. Sads. Because life. Because I know things can get worse, because they almost always can, but it doesn't feel like they can right now. (Not in a perilous sense. Just in a vaguebooking, I'm not really ready to talk about it on a public forum yet, kind of way. I'm fine and will be fine, just sad. :) )

41 minutes ago, Tika said:

Burying my daughter's guinea pig today, and holding her while she cried.  

Some days lately I feel like I'm surrounded by death :(

Oh. Well that's just shitty. :( Like. On top of everything else...that.... Seeing your children sad is awful. Just fucking awful. Dammit @Tika:hug:

4 minutes ago, fox said:

Oh. Well that's just shitty. :( Like. On top of everything else...that.... Seeing your children sad is awful. Just fucking awful. Dammit @Tika:hug:

Yeah she was heartbroken, it was her first pet and she found it :( ~hugs~