Bangkok

hirondelle

Yup, it's also on my "to go"-list, but there are so many places these days i want to go.
I'm really into Asia these days, mostly South Korea though (not North! People keep mixing them up >:(). But since i have traveled for the first time last year i have so many plans, and so many country's i want to go. Mostly the not so touristy ones though, which makes it hard because the trips there much more expensive and not going often, i go with travel groups, i don't like to go alone and it's much easier. Thailand is a reasonably cheap one though....so maybe when i can't wait any longer until i've saved enough money for another one or if i've seen the country's that are above Thailand on the list, i'll come there ;) 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, SoulDragon said:

Thailand is a reasonably cheap one though....so maybe when i can't wait any longer until i've saved enough money for another one or if i've seen the country's that are above Thailand on the list, i'll come there ;) 

Also you wouldn't need a tour group because you have us, and you wouldn't a hotel - at least not for Bangkok. Because you have us. :D

• Love 1

hahaha true, but if i go there i want to travel across the country, can you guys go with me then aswell? xD
That's also the beauty of travel groups, they always travel around the country, going to a few different places/cities.

When i went we even did a temple stay, so awesome! For one day and night experience how the Buddist monks live...
you probably wouldn't be able to do something like that without an organized trip.

• Love 1

True but you get to see a side of the country that an organised trip doesn't allow you to see.  There are pluses and minuses with both.  We have travelled around a little with @icewlf it depends on when you come and if it fits in with @Timberwolf's holiday schedule.  I am more flexible when I can take leave but Dom only gets leave during school holidays.

• Love 1

You can see pics from around Bangkok and the surrounding country in the link in my post and n the artists loft.   For any of you wanting to go...just one warning....it's hard not to fall in love with the city, the country, and the people.   I'm always ready to go home when I do,  it when I get home, all I want to do is go back. 

• Love 1

@hirondelle definitely true, going around with "locals" is indeed very nice, you get to see more of the real country i guess, and not so much only the touristy things.
I do choose for travels with allot of free time, the best day i had was the last one; i went around Seoul by myself to places i personally wanted to see/visit, that was really awesome xD
I'll definitely keep it in mind, but first up is a trip back to Seoul end march, together with another dutch girl i've met online and go to a concert there hahaha

• Love 1

May the winds be ever at your back and the pathways clear to guide to breath taking views and awe inspiring foods, people, culture and music. May the moon guard you as you sleep in lands near or far away. Likewise may the Sun watch over you as you explore this world that we all call home. Blessed Be My Friend.

• Love 3

6 hours ago, Kethlia said:

May the winds be ever at your back and the pathways clear to guide to breath taking views and awe inspiring foods, people, culture and music. May the moon guard you as you sleep in lands near or far away. Likewise may the Sun watch over you as you explore this world that we all call home. Blessed Be My Friend.

Waaahh i love this :x
Definitely saving it! Did you write it @Kethlia?

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1