Ok we have a thread focusing on the negatives in Coronavirus Blues but I would like to explore the possibility that this is change for the good.  Today I posted this image on Facebook...

90606431_812626229225368_2066508151372382208_n.thumb.jpg.d6c4d84475d7891f8fb6c7a6abf8e04c.jpg

And my friend commented

"I am happy to live to see such times! This is a potential turning point for humanity." 

And I thought wow that is bold.  I mean I have been seeing a few silver lining posts, talking about the dolphins and monkeys taking advantage our lull in raping and pillaging the planet (these posts are mostly bollocks actually, nature hasn't bounced back that fast - but if we are paralysed for long enough she will.  But any this comment of my friend was the first absolute positive expression of this time.  Mostly people are saying "this sucks balls but at least the air is a bit less polluted".  This was more than that... she was expressing gratitude for this change of events.  She was embracing it.

I am going to contextualise by saying 1) she lives on Prince Edward Island which is a place where I imagine it is easier to count your blessings. 2) she is retired and financially comfortable so also it is easy to feel blessed and 3) she is a very committed member of the Baha'i faith and they are always pretty cheerful fuckers for somereason :D maybe they know sthg we don't they certainly seem to have nailed the 'grace' aspect of spirituality.

Anyway - it got me longing for a place where we look for the positives.  This should be acknowledged to be in the midst of suffering.  People are dying in large numbers in horrible ways.  People are losing loved ones, people a fearful, people are economically desperate.

And yet there is beauty in the world.  Let's celebrate that here.   

• Love 2