Goodkind dead, 1948-2020

Spyder

Look, I don't know if anybody here still reads Terry Goodkind books. I know I don't. I find Objectivism to be the moral philosophy equivalent of saying, "Why should I have to wear a mask? I'm not sick." The ultimate in me first bullshit, for people who are unwilling to think beyond themselves. 

That being said, I would assume that most of the people here read his books at one point or another, and even liked them! They made their way online to see if other people liked them and wanted to talk about them. Turns out, we did. Fantasy Essentials (and whatever it was before, because I don't think that was the original forum name) is where, I would assume, most of us met before migrating here upon its death(s).

So while the man's beliefs make my blood boil, he did bring most of us together so many years ago, creating a group of friends and family through his books. For that, I say thank you to Terry Goodkind. I just wish I could reread your books in remembrance without wanting to set them on fire two chapters in. 

• Sad 3

I agree with everything you said here Spy. I'm so grateful to TG... (Although tbh I started reading him purely because RJ wrote too slow and I needed something to fill the gaps).

Actually the politics didn't get to me until FotF and I pretty much stopped reading shortly after.

But yes without Terry I wouldn't have you guys and Dom... So I am beyond grateful. RIP Terry Goodkind. 

• Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

I still read him. I am in the middle of a re read actually. I try to just not look at the politics of the books and just enjoy the characters I grew up with yes I do thank Mr Goodkind for making these books that indirectly helped us all meet each other 

• Love 1