Hey guys

Deano

• 2 weeks later...

We are doing okay. There is no covid in Thailand but lack of tourists means economic insecurity. I'm feeling that a bit job wise, too although I'm not in the tourist industry. I'm also struggling with mental health a bit too which is frustrating because I really thought I was starting to get on top of it. But really things are good, we have jobs and we are healthy. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

HIHI!
We are doing alright, Some days I get a little stir crazy and I am badly missing the family I was "adopted" into. My grandma died (not from covid) recently and I had not seen her in forever (because of Covid) so I am still struggling with that, but I reconnected with my bio dad and am trying to get to know him, he is in the hospital and had been for months so I go see him.
Hubby still has a job, though they keep sending him home early, but we are better off than a lot of people. While Canada is pretty bad for Covid at least we are not in America so that is something. 

• Love 4

On 10/24/2020 at 7:53 PM, hirondelle said:

We are doing okay. There is no covid in Thailand but lack of tourists means economic insecurity. I'm feeling that a bit job wise, too although I'm not in the tourist industry. I'm also struggling with mental health a bit too which is frustrating because I really thought I was starting to get on top of it. But really things are good, we have jobs and we are healthy. 

As @hirondelle has said, we are doing well.  No Covid in Thailand, which is good.  I'm recovering quite well from my knee surgery.  I've been back to hockey once, and it felt good.  Plus, I've been back to karate for 3 classes.  I can't wait for the next karate night and the next hockey night.  I'm also preparing for a hockey tournament that's coming up here at the end of the month.  

On 11/3/2020 at 2:48 AM, PyroCJ said:

HIHI!
We are doing alright, Some days I get a little stir crazy and I am badly missing the family I was "adopted" into. My grandma died (not from covid) recently and I had not seen her in forever (because of Covid) so I am still struggling with that, but I reconnected with my bio dad and am trying to get to know him, he is in the hospital and had been for months so I go see him.
Hubby still has a job, though they keep sending him home early, but we are better off than a lot of people. While Canada is pretty bad for Covid at least we are not in America so that is something. 

I'm sad to hear about your grandmother @PyroCJ, but happy that you are reconnecting with your bio dad.  

• Like 1

On 10/24/2020 at 1:53 PM, hirondelle said:

Great to hear this @hirondelle

On 11/2/2020 at 7:48 PM, PyroCJ said:

HIHI!

Hi @PyroCJ, sorry to hear about your grandma, loosing a love one in death is never a easy thing. as @Timberwolf said, glad to hear you are reconnecting with you father, hope all goes well.

On 11/10/2020 at 3:40 AM, Timberwolf said:

As @hirondelle has said, we are doing well.  No Covid in Thailand, which is good.  I'm recovering quite well from my knee surgery.  I've been back to hockey once, and it felt good.  Plus, I've been back to karate for 3 classes.  I can't wait for the next karate night and the next hockey night.  I'm also preparing for a hockey tournament that's coming up here at the end of the month.  

I'm sad to hear about your grandmother @PyroCJ, but happy that you are reconnecting with your bio dad.  

UK has gone back into lockdown again for a full month. cases here have rocketed again. 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Deano said:

UK has gone back into lockdown again for a full month. cases here have rocketed again. 

Part of the reason for this, is the UK can be just as bad as the USA and they say "No, I want to go out for a pint with my friend!" or something some such.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2020 at 1:03 AM, Timberwolf said:

Part of the reason for this, is the UK can be just as bad as the USA and they say "No, I want to go out for a pint with my friend!" or something some such.  

This is exactly the point. for example, have a look at the difference between the first lockdown in may to this one.

First

Speeds surged and delays plummeted on major roads when lockdown was  introduced | Keighley News

Second

10,000 deaths from air pollution in China prevented by coronavirus lockdown,  study finds

same part of the motorway, massive difference. if I didn't know better I wouldn't think we are in a lockdown.... way too casual. 

On 12/2/2020 at 12:46 AM, Deano said:

This is exactly the point. for example, have a look at the difference between the first lockdown in may to this one.

First

Speeds surged and delays plummeted on major roads when lockdown was  introduced | Keighley News

Second

10,000 deaths from air pollution in China prevented by coronavirus lockdown,  study finds

same part of the motorway, massive difference. if I didn't know better I wouldn't think we are in a lockdown.... way too casual. 

People gotta have a drink you know. :roffles:

• 1 month later...