Hockey Cards

icewlf

So, when the pandemic started, and I got a bit depressed after being home so long, and I started spending too much money, I kind of started collecting sports cards again, and got big into Hockey (they are cheaper than the other sports, and look better in general in my opinion).  I'm now starting to go through everythying, seperate out the autographs and the relics and the commons, and I'm wondering, what should I keep (teams/players) and what not?  Any recommendations?  Also @Timberwolf are there any particular players or NHL teams popular in Thailand?  I know I'm gonna have dupes in the commons, and if I do, and they are teams or players that are popular over there, well...maybe I send you a surprise to pass around to your teammates/competitors.  

RIght now, I know I'm going to be keeping a hold of all of my Ovechkins, and Jagr cards (I like them as players).  I'll probably also keep most of the Wild in honor of Dom, but, not sure where else to start as I start sorting.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 12/11/2020 at 5:19 AM, icewlf said:

So, when the pandemic started, and I got a bit depressed after being home so long, and I started spending too much money, I kind of started collecting sports cards again, and got big into Hockey (they are cheaper than the other sports, and look better in general in my opinion).  I'm now starting to go through everythying, seperate out the autographs and the relics and the commons, and I'm wondering, what should I keep (teams/players) and what not?  Any recommendations?  Also @Timberwolf are there any particular players or NHL teams popular in Thailand?  I know I'm gonna have dupes in the commons, and if I do, and they are teams or players that are popular over there, well...maybe I send you a surprise to pass around to your teammates/competitors.  

RIght now, I know I'm going to be keeping a hold of all of my Ovechkins, and Jagr cards (I like them as players).  I'll probably also keep most of the Wild in honor of Dom, but, not sure where else to start as I start sorting.

That's pretty cool.  Hmmm.  Hockey in general is just in its grassroots stages here in Thailand.  What you can do, is let me know what you've got, if you're selling it, let me know how much you're selling for, and I will talk to the hockey players here.  :D 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That is so kind of you @icewlf! I'm sure some of the Thai kids who play with Dom would love a card from the US no matter who is the player haha. BTW did you receive a calendar from a strange man in Bangkok? If so we sent it haha. Well we bought it and a bloke called Tim who made them sent them out. But like a fool he put his own name and address on them rather than ours 🙄😁

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, hirondelle said:

That is so kind of you @icewlf! I'm sure some of the Thai kids who play with Dom would love a card from the US no matter who is the player haha. BTW did you receive a calendar from a strange man in Bangkok? If so we sent it haha. Well we bought it and a bloke called Tim who made them sent them out. But like a fool he put his own name and address on them rather than ours 🙄😁

I was going to ask you that.  I figured it was either you, or I'd gotten onto some mailing list cause an apartment complex was trying to get me to move in =P =P .   THank you!  Its REALLY cool

• Love 2